1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 08:53
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    in Kensington (London) it is actually illegal to extract cucumber from a sandwich.
    If cucumber were mandolin-sliced thin
    and carefully placed between the thinnest of the medium sliced buttered breads
    I wouldn’t extract it
    and I 'ld enjoy the Tea😵
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 10:54
    Originally posted by black beetle
    If cucumber were mandolin-sliced thin
    and carefully placed between the thinnest of the medium sliced buttered breads
    I wouldn’t extract it
    and I 'ld enjoy the Tea😵
    It is generally accepted that the thicker a gentleman can handle his sliced cucumber in a sandwich, the greater his chances are of world domination.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 11:10
    It is generally accepted that the thicker a gentleman can handle his sliced cucumber in a sandwich, the greater his chances are of world domination.
    Thank you for that profound and world view changing information.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 11:15
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Clearly not as otherwise there would be no religion.
    Originally posted by whodey
    Does one have to have a god to have a religion?

"Clearly not as otherwise there would be no religion."

What an obtuse mind numbing answer!
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 12:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]".., the Buddha says,.."

You make it sound as though Buddha is alive. The last time I checked Buddha was dead and buried. How can a dead man speak?

On the other hand I hear the voice of the living Jesus.

Acts 1:1-4
    The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
    Until the day in which he was take ...[text shortened]... y faith trusted in Jesus Christ who has paid for our sins with His own blood.

Jesus is Lord.[/b]
    So is it your contention that the passage quoted is not worth considering because its author is deceased? Is that a general principle and would it apply, for example, to the writings of Paul or the US constitution?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 12:18
    in Kensington (London) it is actually illegal to extract cucumber from a sandwich.
    As a point of law, I believe distinction was made relative to the time elapsed while inserted, i.e., the longer it was in, the easier it was to pull out (although my royal law is a bit rusty; any baaaarristers here who could lend a hand, that'd be great).
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 12:22
    Originally posted by black beetle
    It's being some time, hope you are good;

Kalamas asked how should they gain knowledge because they could not choose one of the two rival epistemologies –revelation and experience (dualism).
    Buddha pointed out that, since both have drawbacks, the basic principle of knowledge about the Dharma involves balancing these sources of knowledge in a way th ...[text shortened]... to “truth” undistorted by the ignorance of prejudice or by the ignorance of misplaced faith;
    😵
    Well, thank you; wish the same for you.

My jab was aimed at authority and the route to faith.
    A sign which reads "Don't Read This" is intended to be read.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree