1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 07:07
    Yeah...that'll really appease the bloody God's, won't it?
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 08:12
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah...that'll really appease the bloody God's, won't it?
    Probably not...but it will appease the religious fundamentalists who might be swayed by the recent harsh criticism of the U.S. administration in the wake of the disaster. Since my eyes are wide open, it appears to me to be a simple-minded ploy to gain popular support by a president whose approval ratings have been freefalling...rally 'round god, y'all!

Katrina, in a way, was a very timely for Dumbya...August saw the heaviest US casualties on record in Iraq.
  3. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 18:51
    you guys can be just as bad as the religious right...
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 20:52
    Originally posted by lioyank
    How's that exactly? David C is making a good point as usual.

There is no doubt that W politicks everything. We should not be surprised. Besides being an incompetent wacko, he is a politician. Politicking is what politicians do.

Finally, no matter how upset you are, it is never okay to insult some one's intelligence like you did in your post.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 23:46
    I can't believe someone rec'd you for that.

It just goes to prove that many religious nuts DO use drugs after all.
  6. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 13:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 13:53
    Originally posted by telerion
    How's that exactly? David C is making a good point as usual.

There is no doubt that W politicks everything. We should not be surprised. Besides being an incompetent wacko, he is a politician. Politicking is what politicians do.

Finally, no matter how upset you are, it is never okay to insult some one's intelligence like you did in your post.
    Ok. I was actually referring to the cynicism of the posts. The cynicism never ceases. Believe it or not, there are people in this world who need religion (including prayer) as a crutch, and without it they would fall. And yes, David's post was certainly not false. Politics is politics, and of course the "prayer day" was most likely done first and foremost with the intentions that it would be better for Bush. However, there are people who need such things as prayer. I know from what I've seen. I'll leave it there, because I know that I can be quite cynical myself. But I responded to this thread because it was just another cheap shot at Bush.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 14:421 edit
    Ok. I was actually referring to the cynicism of the posts. The cynicism never ceases. Believe it or not, there are people in this world who need religion (including prayer) as a crutch, and without it they would fall. And yes, David's post was certainly not false. Politics is politics, and of course the "prayer day" was most likely done first and foremost ...[text shortened]... e cynical myself. But I responded to this thread because it was just another cheap shot at Bush.
    I make no apologies for my cynical nature.

But I responded to this thread because it was just another cheap shot at Bush

Care to provide an example of a 'well-deserved' shot at Bush? I get increasingly tired of Bush apologetics who trot out this old chestnut at every turn. George Bush, Jr. is a barely-literate frat boy whose father bought him 8 years as president. He is in bed with the Saudis, and allowed 9/11 to occur through his inaction. Cynical? How could one NOT be cynical after watching this masquerade unfold for 5+ years?

edit: apologies for being waaaay off topic for this forum...
  9. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '05 21:27
    Originally posted by David C
    I make no apologies for my cynical nature.

[b]But I responded to this thread because it was just another cheap shot at Bush

Care to provide an example of a 'well-deserved' shot at Bush? I get increasingly tired of Bush apologetics who trot out this old chestnut at every turn. George Bush, Jr. is a barely-literate frat boy whose father bought him ...[text shortened]... rade unfold for 5+ years?

edit: apologies for being waaaay off topic for this forum...[/b]
    I never asked for any apologies. Nor did I expect them.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with this thread since it was about "Prayer Day" and not "Let's get everything negative we can say about Bush and spout it out here". But thank you for at least apologizing at the end of your post for getting way off topic.

And yes, it was a cheap shot, because the prayer day (at least to me) seemed like a "nice" idea, after you get all the politics out of the way. And I believe you just proved my point when I said that "you guys can be just as bad as the religious right" because you (just like the religious nuts) will take anything and spin it their way. Religious people = the hurricane was "God's punishment". you guys = prayer day is just another way to boost ratings. Well, why doesn't Bush just do something like have a "Pray to Satan Day" and then when his ratings go down, you'll still complain that Bush is going crazy. You see, no matter WHAT the situation is, you will NEVER have anything good to say about Bush. So no matter what he does, in your minds it will ALWAYS be bad in one way or another, even if it really is good. Much like extremists, terrorists, and the religious nuts. Only you're obviously not as bad as them (I hope). If thinking about strapping on a bomb to blow up the White House, you might be pushing it. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree