1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 12:03
    This thread is worthless. Worthless, I tell you! All you knuckleheads have done is blather on about Wikipedia, pimpsticks, and Schumann. Whether Schumann wrote something which may or may not translate as "Knecht Ruprecht" is irrelevant as it's merely music. It provides me with no visual information. The lone central European who confirmed that he was terrorized with the Knecht Ruprecht tale as a child provided no other information. A lump of coal in your stockings for the lot of you!
  2. The sky
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 15:17
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    The Geltenpimpenschwert is a joke from the days of yore, when Cribs got banned [due, some would say, to his race-ed]. Literally translated, it is the 'Golden pimping-sword', although you're the German-speaker, not I, but colloquially it is the Golden Pimpstick.
    "Literally translated"? From what language? While "Schwert" does mean "sword" in German, "gelten" means "be valid" and some other things, but not "Golden" (that would be "golden" or "gülden" ), and to my knowledge, "pimpen" doesn't exist in German.
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 19:53
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    "Literally translated"? From what language? While "Schwert" does mean "sword" in German, "gelten" means "be valid" and some other things, but not "Golden" (that would be "golden" or "gülden" ), and to my knowledge, "pimpen" doesn't exist in German.
    Hrothgarian, naturally.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 19:56
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    "pimpen" doesn't exist in German.
    It exists in all cultures around the globe.
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:50
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    It exists in all cultures around the globe.
    I paid an Amish pimp to see this girl's bare feet once.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 21:01
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    I paid an Amish pimp to see this girl's bare feet once.
    Was she wearing buttons? Oooh, still my beating heart!
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 21:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberknightwest
    General of GROSS
    Calvin's Treehouse
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 22:06
    Originally posted by rwingett
    This thread is worthless. Worthless, I tell you! All you knuckleheads have done is blather on about Wikipedia, pimpsticks, and Schumann. Whether Schumann wrote something which may or may not translate as "Knecht Ruprecht" is irrelevant as it's merely music. It provides me with no visual information. The lone central European who confirmed that he was ter ...[text shortened]... e as a child provided no other information. A lump of coal in your stockings for the lot of you!
    I said all I had to say on the matter. We got threatenedd, but we never seemed to be bad enough to meet the guy. I know little more about it.

What more do you want?
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 22:12
    Originally posted by knightwest
    I said all I had to say on the matter. We got threatenedd, but we never seemed to be bad enough to meet the guy. I know little more about it.

What more do you want?
    What were you led to believe he looked like? Didn't they have Knecht Ruprecht merchandise with depictions of him in various poses, threatening the children and such, when you were younger? I've found some visual reference on the internet, but I was hoping to get something more in depth from someone who had suffered, firsthand, the deep psychological trauma of Knecht Ruprecht's ominous presence. Did they have people dressed up as Knecht Ruprecht in shopping malls, scaring the wits out of the kids?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree