1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 01:01
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Now, would this Tribulation be the one Hal Lindsey wrote about, or the one popularized by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins? Or, is it neither of these, but some other?
    The one described in Revelation.
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 01:03
    Originally posted by Darfius
    The one described in Revelation.
    Finally! no s!!
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 01:31
    ... If you don't give up, you'll eventually find the secret admirer. If love isn't worth it to you, you won't.
    I take that to mean that you do hear God's voice. Have you bothered to ask Him what it means in the Bible when it commands women to be silent in the church? Does that, or does it not, prohibit women from preaching in formal church services? God should be willing to tell you what He intended for the scriptures to mean, shouldn't He?
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 02:02
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    I take that to mean that you do hear God's voice. Have you bothered to ask Him what it means in the Bible when it commands women to be silent in the church? Does that, or does it not, prohibit women from preaching in formal church services? God should be willing to tell you what He intended for the scriptures to mean, shouldn't He?
    I've never heard God's voice verbatim. I feel the Holy Spirit's presence at times and I feel Him leading me always.

Women shouldn't lead men spiritually, that is what Paul says.
  5. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 03:26
    The church I grew up in had a woman as the head pastor for years. People in that church would be heartbroken to hear you say that women should not lead men spiritually. And yet, if that is what God meant, then that church needs to quit installing women in that position.

Darfius, I just don't see those people changing their policy without God taking the drastic measure of speaking directly to them and telling them that your interpretation of the scripture is indeed the correct one.

I plead with you to get on your knees tonight and pray: "Lord, I know that you do not want Your children misinterpreting Your Holy Word. And yet millions of Christians are under the false impression that You did not prohibit women from leading men spiritually. Please, Lord, speak to them on this matter this very day and bring them into the fold of those who know Your blessed truth as I do."

Please, Darfius, don't let me down on this matter.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 03:33
    I feel the Holy Spirit's presence at times and I feel Him leading me always.
    I feel the spirit within me when the tobacco is fresh.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 04:06
    I agree.
    O.K., see the new thread "A General Argument from Evil". I'll write up the Euthyphro thing tomorrow.
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 04:40
    Do you agree with this? That is, being male, you should never listen
    to a woman give a sermon because that would be 'being led spiritually?'

Please elaborate here.

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 06:35
    Do you agree with this? That is, being male, you should never listen

Yes, because the Word of God says it and because God knows infinitely better than I do. Godly women don't have a problem with it, either.

Women have different talents than men. For instance, they are much more tender than men and can express their feelings much better. I admire that in them.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 06:38
    [b]Do you agree with this? That is, being male, you should never listen

Yes, because the Word of God says it and because God knows infinitely better than I do. Godly women don't have a problem with it, either.

Women have different talents than men. For instance, they are much more tender than men and can express their feelings much better. I admire that in them.[/b]
    Oh they certainly have different talents than men. I can attest to that!
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 14:23
    Women ... are much more tender than men and can express their feelings much better.
    Those sound like qualities of spirtual leadership, and they were certainly well exhibited by Jesus.

(of course, we learned in another thread that Darfius appreciates the femininity of Jesus--petra: a feminine Greek noun for rock or stone.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree