1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 18:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So I guess when she passes, we can go back to those crummy ol' gods...
    Whatever god you present, won't sing as good as Loreena. All your god can do is yell.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 18:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I have around 5 or 6 of her albums. I had figured you already knew of her. Her voice is indeed angelic. My favorite has to be "The Mummer's Dance" from The Book of Secrets. Haunting in its beauty. I also like "The Highwayman" from the same album.
    Do you have the one labeled 'To drive the cold winter away'? It has one of my personal favorites, The Seasons. Ever here it? I like the earlier albums because they were not overproduced with 50 stage hand musicians. I like her and her instrument maybe a fiddle or so, that's all she needs! But money talks and so large stage productions is the way she went. It's still better than anything from the likes of Madonna or the like!
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 21:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Whatever god you present, won't sing as good as Loreena. All your god can do is yell.
    As I believe that the God I worship is the same Who gave all gifts--- including Loreena's gift of song--- I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest His voice is better.

As good as we can be, we are images of.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 22:301 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Do you have the one labeled 'To drive the cold winter away'? It has one of my personal favorites, The Seasons. Ever here it? I like the earlier albums because they were not overproduced with 50 stage hand musicians. I like her and her instrument maybe a fiddle or so, that's all she needs! But money talks and so large stage productions is the way she went. It's still better than anything from the likes of Madonna or the like!
    I have to say that she finally (successfully) broke into the American market with The Book of Secrets in 1997. I went back and got The Mask and Mirror and then picked up the new ones as they came out. Haven't heard as much of the older stuff. You do have a point with the production of the newer stuff, but I don't think it's "over-produced". I did like shows like "Unplugged" so you can just hear the artistry without all the fluff, but even her newer albums are good listens. Anything that puts her music in front of the masses, yes? I find it interesting that TV and filmmakers are aware of her by how much of her music has been used in soundtracks.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 23:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I have to say that she finally (successfully) broke into the American market with The Book of Secrets in 1997. I went back and got The Mask and Mirror and then picked up the new ones as they came out. Haven't heard as much of the older stuff. You do have a point with the production of the newer stuff, but I don't think it's "over-produced". ...[text shortened]... g that TV and filmmakers are aware of her by how much of her music has been used in soundtracks.
    She and Enya both started with the overproduction thing, Enya probably taught it to her🙂 And yes, at least the overproduction is bearable but I still love the singer alone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree