1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 11:13
    I'm not sure that people will feel this belongs in this forum but I thought I'd try to get away from the constant religion / atheism arguments.

Has anyone on here acheived lucid dreaming? See
    http://www.lucidipedia.com/misc/index.php

From Wikipedia:
    "Lucid dreaming (lucid from Latin, lux "light"😉 is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, resulting in a much clearer experience and can be as if the dreamer were awake, even sometimes enabling direct control over the content of the dream, a realistic world that is to some degree in the control of the dreamer.[1] The complete experience from start to finish is called a lucid dream"

I have had a few dreams where I was aware that I was dreaming and had a small amount of control over the dream. This has usually happened when returning to sleep after waking from a dream that I enjoyed. These dreams were memorable even though I've not had the full experience described in the link above. Has anybody here done it and what are their thoughts & experiences?

--- Penguin.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 May '07 11:23
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I'm not sure that people will feel this belongs in this forum but I thought I'd try to get away from the constant religion / atheism arguments.

Has anyone on here acheived lucid dreaming? See
    http://www.lucidipedia.com/misc/index.php

From Wikipedia:
    "Lucid dreaming (lucid from Latin, lux "light"😉 is the conscious perception of one's state while dream ...[text shortened]... ove. Has anybody here done it and what are their thoughts & experiences?

--- Penguin.
    I've had two lucid dreams in my life, the first involved a tall blonde, temporarily in a red dress and the second, which came years later, involved the same blonde in a rather horrific 'Angel Heart' bedroom scene. I dread to think why I was actively pursuing such an abhorrent story line and I have no knowledge of the blonde's origins in my psyche.
  3. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    02 May '07 11:441 edit
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 May '07 12:35
    Has anyone on here acheived lucid dreaming?
    Yes. It's incredible to experience but boring to talk about.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 May '07 12:36
    Originally posted by reader1107
    *click*
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 May '07 13:00
    ...a realistic world that is to some degree in the control of the dreamer.
    But not full control or the dreamer wont be waking up any time soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree