1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 10:17
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===================================
    ***To say that "The devil made me do it" is either moral cowardice or a form of ideational insanity.
    =======================================

I suppose the above is good advice for anyone wants to seriously follow the comedian Flip Wilson.

Satan is interested in two kinds of people:

1.) Th ...[text shortened]... xistence, he'll trap you up in that.
    If you deny his existence he'll trap you up in that.[/b]
    As I said, "Neither love nor hate "Satan", and "he" will die immediately!"

Demons, devils and angels are symbols of that which arise from within mind. They are not literal beings.

Attachment by either positive or negative attitudes keeps us chained. Abiding in the clarity of absence erases the mirages immediately, and not a finger is stirred.

Namaste.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 12:23
    Originally posted by Taoman
    ***Satan is also known as the "Father of all lies". The greatest lie is that he exists!
    ***Satan and all forms of such is humanity's greatest denial of its own mind-born pathologies and the dark side. .
    ***The Satan concept is born and dies in our own hearts and minds.
    ***Where is this Satan?
    ***To say that "The devil made me do it" is either moral coward ...[text shortened]... g the Satan concept.
    ***Neither love nor hate "Satan", and "he" will die immediately.
    What you say surpasses understanding, it is Wisdom. Namaste
  3. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 12:33

Demons, devils and angels are symbols of that which arise from within mind. They are not literal beings.

Attachment by either positive or negative attitudes keeps us chained. Abiding in the clarity of absence erases the mirages immediately, and not a finger is stirred.

Namaste.
    Beautiful.

We are lucky to have posters such as yourself and vistesd to bring wisdom like this to the forum.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 12:462 edits

Namaste.
    Without the Lord Jesus Christ and His victory, we have no hope to overcome, none whatsoever.

As a Christian, I must learn to hate what the Lord Jesus hates and love what the Lord Jesus loves.

I do not want to have a casual feeling about what He hates.

"But this you have, that you hate the works of the Nicoliatans, which I also hate." (Rev. 2:6)

I hate Satan, his fallen angles, and his demons. But my way of hating them is to bury myself in the presence of the Spirit of Christ. Christ can deal with them. I can't. So I hate them as a byproduct of loving Christ.

My focus is not on them. My focus is on my Lord and Savior. But we are at warfare. And we battle not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual rulers of this darkness. And our way of fighting is to be one with Christ.

My enjoyment of Christ, my love of Christ turns out to be my hatred and victory over the powers of darkness.

The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth, I hate.." (Proverbs 8:13)

But, you are right also. Only in Christ though, can I ignore this hated one. Jesus Christ has overcome the world, the fallen flesh, the devil, and the demons. I can rest in Christ. I can be at peace in Christ. Praise God for Christ who is my victory.

So you are not wrong when I think that the enjoyment of Jesus nullifies the activity of the evil spirits. It is as they are not. Only God and Christ is the center and the victory.
  5. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:181 edit
    Without the Lord Jesus Christ and His victory, we have no hope to overcome, none whatsoever.

As a Christian, I must learn to hate what the Lord Jesus hates and love what the Lord Jesus loves.

I do not want to have a casual feeling about what He hates.

[b] "But this you have, that you hate the works of the Nicoliatans, which I also hate." (Rev. the evil spirits. It is as they are not. Only God and Christ is the center and the victory.
    Edit: 'As a Christian, I must learn to hate what the Lord Jesus hates and love what the Lord Jesus loves'

I find it hard to find hate in this man. Did he not love prostitutes and betraying Roman tax collectors? Did he not seek forgiveness for those who had so cruelly treated him?
    Did he not sway his followers with messages of love and tolerance?

Rather I associate hatred, and its resultant cruelties and destruction with the symbol of Satan.

Love (Compassion) is the only ultimately effective antidote to hatred, not further hatred. I think Jesus the Nazarene saw this.

Do not hate my friend, not even "Satan". When you do "he" has won.

I think Satan is a symbol, you think he's real, it doesn't finally matter - its what your inner response is that counts. Is that not so?
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:20
    Not sure why I get the full block font, not intended.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:28
    "And now I'm happy all the day" it says.

It says it.

YouTube
  8. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:44
    Originally posted by caissad4
    What you say surpasses understanding, it is Wisdom. Namaste
    Namaste, Caissad.
  9. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:49
    Originally posted by nook7
    Beautiful.

We are lucky to have posters such as yourself and vistesd to bring wisdom like this to the forum.
    Namaste, Nook.
  10. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:55
    "And now I'm happy all the day" it says.

It says it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36ifo5PYwE
    Enjoy and abide happily and with love in the dream that is ever so real to you, Jaywill. It is neither full of truth, nor is it without truth.

Namaste.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree