1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 May '15 22:57
    Originally posted by C Hess
    They're my personal favourite. I love throwing spiders around in little jars and let them do their thing. Zombie dogs are useful too.
    and they act the way god intended. for he said "hoard not thy manna, lest you be surrounded by demons and torn assunder. but use thy manna to bring locusts and acid rains upon thy enemies, and haunt them with righteous spirits so that they melt before you, in the name of thy lord. and they will know my name when zombie bears trample them to dust and they will know my name when angry spirits swarm them, for i am thy lord, God, and i give thee mana"
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 May '15 09:59
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    and they act the way god intended. for he said "hoard not thy manna, lest you be surrounded by demons and torn assunder. but use thy manna to bring locusts and acid rains upon thy enemies, and haunt them with righteous spirits so that they melt before you, in the name of thy lord. and they will know my name when zombie bears trample them to dust and they will know my name when angry spirits swarm them, for i am thy lord, God, and i give thee mana"
    😀
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 10:39
    It sounds like you are looking at this manna matter only from the point of view of Pharoah and his army.

I am looking at it from the angle of a saved people brought out of "the iron furnace", a slave house where thier male boy babies were being systematically murdered.

The book is called Exodus - meaning an exit OUT of a 400 plus year old horrible oppressive situation. It is meant to be a picture of man's slavery under the Satanic oppression keeping humans preoccupied with building "treasure cities" and away from God's eternal purpose to build a mutual dwelling place for God and man.

I don't think you are appreciating the pictures well.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 10:462 edits
    for he said "hoard not thy manna, lest you be surrounded by demons and torn assunder

You should stop making up wild untruths of inaccuracy and maybe READ [b]Exodus. It doesn't say any of these threatening things concerning the gathering of Manna.

Show me where it says anything like that.

On the contrary. They were to gather the manna for six days. They were to not gather it on the seventh day because there was no need to hoard it in anxiety. God would assure that on the sixth day they would have enough for two days.

And they were to eat the manna that day and NOT, I repeat NOT attempt to hoard it over in saving for another day. When they disobeyed and saved it it bread worms and stank.

These pictures have significance to the Christian walk.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 10:511 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    😀
    Good for a perverted laugh maybe. But the poster is making up wild lies about what Exodus says concerning the Manna.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 10:561 edit
    1.) Where does God say hoard the manna ?

2.) Where does he say to do so or they will be surrounded by demons?

3.) Where does God say they would be torn asunder for not eating Manna?

4.) Where does he say anything like it would be used to "bring" any kind of punishment upon any enemies ?

None of these details are in Exodus 16.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '15 12:01
    Manna is a made up food in a made up story.

Never gonna find it in Tesco. (Though you might find ambrosia).
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 13:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Manna is a made up food in a made up story.
    Can that assertion and truth claim be proven by you ?
    Ie. You KNOW that it never happened because ...
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '15 14:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    Can that assertion and truth claim be proven by you ?
    Can the assertion that it is anything other than a made up food in a made up story be proven by you? (What other sources of collaborative historical evidence can you provide?)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 14:401 edit
    Can the assertion that it is anything other than a made up food in a made up story be proven by you? (What other sources of collaborative historical evidence can you provide?)
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Isn't that one of the rules of a good historian?

You see, I tell you right up front that I believe something that I did not witnesses. So I cannot prove it.

But I see how Jesus referred to the story. To me His integrity is above reproach. If it was taken seriously by Jesus, I think I should take it seriously.

Can't prove it.
    You're confident its fiction and assert so.
    Convince me with your proof of that.

One place I would consider as legitimate contributing consideration - the thousand years old solid tradition of the Passover keeping of the Jewish people.

Its grounding in events recorded in the book of Exodus cause one to have to consider that unusual miracles did occur to so cause generations of a race to commemorate such events for an enduring national identity.

No, I don't mean every Passover keeping Jew is a believer in the book of Exodus. But the grounding of the tradition over thousands of years for millions of Jews do argue that something very dramatic and impressionable occurred to the early Israelites.

Some once in history unique miraculous events is a serious candidate to explain this.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 14:48
    Okay, I have considered WHY the records of Egypt etched on the walls of dead pharoahs doesn't say something about the Exodus.

Then I sat through a series of lectures by a world renown Egyptologist and and teacher. It was all quite unrelated to Bible topics. The lectures had nothing to do with the Christian faith. But he said something that did interest me.

He said that the Egyptian kings would always picture on their walls of the tombs things which put them in the best possible light. They always put their best foot forward. They even would spin military defeats to sound like victories.

In others they boasted on the tombs of all their great achievements. With this objective insight into ancient Egypt I could see why the abject humiliation of the Exodus story would NOT be written up by them for future people to read.

They were crushed in humiliation in the Exodus as a most proud civilization. The silence concerning this humiliation would be understandable.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '15 14:58

You see, I tell you right up front that I believe something that I did not witnesses. So I cannot prove it.

But I see how Jesus referred to the story. To me His integrity is above reproach. If it was taken seriously by Jesus, I think I should take it s ...[text shortened]... tes.

Some once in history unique miraculous events is a serious candidate to explain this.
    A child dying of cancer or an earthquake randomly killing thousands of people is proof that an all loving, all powerful God does not exist.

If God does not exist, then Manna can not have come from him, so likewise does not exist.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '15 15:176 edits
    A child dying of cancer or an earthquake randomly killing thousands of people is proof that an all loving, all powerful God does not exist.

You are jumping to another argument already.
    Now if I reply to this what then will you jump over on ?

"Well, Horus said things in the Bible before Jesus said them" ?

"Well, Reverend So-and-so down the street ran off with someone's else's wife."

"Well, creation science shouldn't be pushed down school kid's throats."

"Well, the Old Testament was bad for women."

I think you're just going to hop around and not stick with any particular objection for discussion.

If God does not exist, then Manna can not have come from him, so likewise does not exist.

Get your list of skeptical routines all lined up in a nice circle.
    Come around again to the first one - "Well, it just isn't so because I say it isn't so."

I think I can see why you call yourself a Ghost. You can always slip through someone's fingers.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '15 15:441 edit

You are jumping to another argument already.
    Now if I reply to this what then will you jump over on ?

"Well, Horus said things in the Bible before Jesus said them" ?

"Well, Reverend S ...[text shortened]... I think I can see why you call yourself a Ghost. You can always slip through someone's fingers.
    You asked me to prove something was historically fictitious. As i am lacking a time machine (and you can provide no other historical documents to prove it is anything other than fictitious) my answer had to be a causative and valency-increasing operation. (Nonsensical but fun to write).

For example, it would be difficult to dis-prove that years ago my neighbour's pet yeti played the piano. Common sense would tell me that such an occurrence was fictional and ridiculous, but would be difficult to actually prove it so. - However, if i could prove that the yeti itself never existed then it would follow that the piano playing was also a fictional event.

Why am i suddenly talking about yetis?
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 May '15 16:21
    No. Because it's not true.

Absence of evidence IS evidence of absence.

Absence of evidence is not PROOF of absence, but that's not what you posted.

Now depending on the circumstances an absence of evidence can be strong or weak evidence.
    But in general terms, an absence of evidence for a proposition is always going to weigh against
    that proposition being true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree