1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Mar '14 10:02
    Those of faith have been mocked for suggesting that there is enough water on earth and trapped in earth to flood the world. However, science no longer mocks such thinking.

    http://news.yahoo.com/rare-diamond-reveals-earth-interior-wet-181429521.html

    Within the mantle transition zone, scientists are saying that there is an ocean comparable to the ocean on the surface of the planet, if not larger.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    13 Mar '14 10:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Those of faith have been mocked for suggesting that there is enough water on earth and trapped in earth to flood the world. However, science no longer mocks such thinking.

    http://news.yahoo.com/rare-diamond-reveals-earth-interior-wet-181429521.html

    Within the mantle transition zone, scientists are saying that there is an ocean comparable to the ocean on the surface of the planet, if not larger.
    May I ask you how long time it took for the water of the global flooding to enter this layer at the mantle?

    40 days? And what does the scientific paper tell us how it was done?

    You really have to think one time more before you come to this funny conclusion.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Mar '14 10:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    May I ask you how long time it took for the water of the global flooding to enter this layer at the mantle?

    40 days? And what does the scientific paper tell us how it was done?

    You really have to think one time more before you come to this funny conclusion.
    I merely point out that there is more than ample water within the earth to flood it.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    13 Mar '14 10:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    I merely point out that there is more than ample water within the earth to flood it.
    Okay, so no reference to the global biblical flooding then? We can consider that legend as a good story, right? A story that has nothing to do with real events in our history?

    Why do you bring up real science in the Spiritual Forum, by the way?
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    13 Mar '14 10:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Those of faith have been mocked for suggesting that there is enough water on earth and trapped in earth to flood the world.
    No, people of faith have been mocked for believing in fairy tales. This doesn't change that.
    Do you believe that Noah's flood took place as described in the Bible? If so, take it to spirituality, and prepare to be mocked.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    13 Mar '14 11:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, so no reference to the global biblical flooding then? We can consider that legend as a good story, right? A story that has nothing to do with real events in our history?

    Why do you bring up real science in the Spiritual Forum, by the way?
    Whodey's news story is very interesting and alludes to something that many believe was not possible, a 'good story' as you say. Do you really not have any interest at all, aside from your personal biases?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    13 Mar '14 12:08
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Whodey's news story is very interesting and alludes to something that many believe was not possible, a 'good story' as you say. Do you really not have any interest at all, aside from your personal biases?
    If whodey think that the "where did all the water go after the global flooding" problem now is solved, and no further mocking is unnecessary, he is wrong.

    I asked him the question of how long time it take to drain all the flood water into the mantle, 40 days? And he hasn't answered yet. I eagerly wait for the response.

    The flooding is of course a good story you can amuse your friends with. But of course a made up story.

    My interest to all this is to learn how people can believe things that so obvious contradict everything we know with the aid of science.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    13 Mar '14 12:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If whodey think that the "where did all the water go after the global flooding" problem now is solved, and no further mocking is unnecessary, he is wrong.

    I asked him the question of how long time it take to drain all the flood water into the mantle, 40 days? And he hasn't answered yet. I eagerly wait for the response.

    The flooding is of course a go ...[text shortened]... people can believe things that so obvious contradict everything we know with the aid of science.
    I asked him the question of how long time it take to drain all the flood water into the mantle, 40 days? And he hasn't answered yet. I eagerly wait for the response.


    Who can answer this, certainly nobody alive can they were not there at the time.

    My interest to all this is to learn how people can believe things that so obvious contradict everything we know with the aid of science.


    Correct me if I am wrong, but Graham Pearson is the scientist who discovered the ringwoodite, he is a part of the scientific community.

    I have an interest also, My interest to all this is to understand why people can believe things that so obvious contradict everything we know with the aid of science.

    I think you are not being honest with yourself.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    13 Mar '14 12:31
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Who can answer this, certainly nobody alive can they were not there at the time.

    Correct me if I am wrong, but Graham Pearson is the scientist who discovered the ringwoodite, he is a part of the scientific community.

    I have an interest also, My interest to all this is to understand why people can believe things that so obvious contradict everything we know with the aid of science.

    I think you are not being honest with yourself.
    I can be sure of that Graham Pearson, the scientist who discovered the ringwoodite, easily can assure anyone the least time necessary to drain these vast amount of water. Do you think he would say, "Well, according to the bible it would be something like 40 days and 40 nights."? And woodey ask why we would mock christians?

    The ones who deserve to be mocked are those believing in the global flooding, and think that science would back them up.

    What you think of me I have no interest about.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    13 Mar '14 12:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I can be sure of that Graham Pearson, the scientist who discovered the ringwoodite, easily can assure anyone the least time necessary to drain these vast amount of water. Do you think he would say, "Well, according to the bible it would be something like 40 days and 40 nights."? And woodey ask why we would mock christians?

    The ones who deserve to be mo ...[text shortened]... ng, and think that science would back them up.

    What you think of me I have no interest about.
    I can be sure of that Graham Pearson, the scientist who discovered the ringwoodite, easily can assure anyone the least time necessary to drain these vast amount of water. Do you think he would say, "Well, according to the bible it would be something like 40 days and 40 nights."?


    You should at least know your story, because what you say is not what is written.

    Genesis 7 (NIV)

    17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth.

    It then goes on to say...

    24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.


    In Pearson's article he states...

    "The results suggest there could be a vast store of water in the mantle transition zone, which stretches from 254 to 410 miles (410 to 660 km) deep."


    With a possible difference of 156 miles for a store of water the amount of water is astronomical, who could know how long it takes to drain... I think Pearson himself couldn't tell. The size of the pipe certainly has something to do with it, don't you think?

    What you think of me I have no interest about.


    I don't think bad of you, just so you know.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    13 Mar '14 13:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    I merely point out that there is more than ample water within the earth to flood it.
    It should also be noted that it also rained throughout the period of the flooding.

    Genesis 7

    12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    13 Mar '14 13:03
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I can be sure of that Graham Pearson, the scientist who discovered the ringwoodite, easily can assure anyone the least time necessary to drain these vast amount of water. Do you think he would say, "Well, according to the bible it would be something like 40 days and 40 nights."?


    You should at least know your story, because what you say is ...[text shortened]... you think of me I have no interest about.[/quote]

    I don't think bad of you, just so you know.
    Okay, 150 days, and you actually believe that an ocean full of water can penetrate the soil in 150 days to a depth of that of the mantle?

    In you mind, do you have a vision of a giant bath tub with a drain? Or how do you think this amount of water can flow downwards? Do you think there is empty space enough, before the flood, and why wasn't it filled with magma?

    Do you now see that it is impossible to all this to happen in only 150 days? Don't you see that there are very much of explaining left to make all the pieces to fit together?

    Noone has explained from where all this water came from the beginning, it have to rain an ocean during these 40 days and 40 nights. From the mantle?

    Forget the global flooding as a fact. It's just a story, nothing more, to amuse people with. Or these some christians who still believe in this legend will continue to be mocked.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    13 Mar '14 13:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, 150 days, and you actually believe that an ocean full of water can penetrate the soil in 150 days to a depth of that of the mantle?

    In you mind, do you have a vision of a giant bath tub with a drain? Or how do you think this amount of water can flow downwards? Do you think there is empty space enough, before the flood, and why wasn't it filled w ...[text shortened]... ople with. Or these some christians who still believe in this legend will continue to be mocked.
    Okay, 150 days, and you actually believe that an ocean full of water can penetrate the soil in 150 days to a depth of that of the mantle?


    I don't know.

    In you mind, do you have a vision of a giant bath tub with a drain? Or how do you think this amount of water can flow downwards?


    This was tongue in cheek, a joke.

    Forget the global flooding as a fact. It's just a story, nothing more, to amuse people with. Or these some christians who still believe in this legend will continue to be mocked.


    Interesting thing, were you not complaining about how you felt Christians were in another thread?, but make statements like this? Will you mock Christians who believe in the flood or believe differently than you do? If so why?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    13 Mar '14 13:361 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Okay, 150 days, and you actually believe that an ocean full of water can penetrate the soil in 150 days to a depth of that of the mantle?
    I don't know.
    So you don't know. Okay.
    This means that you are not the one who I should discuss with. Because you don't know.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    13 Mar '14 13:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So you don't know. Okay.
    This means that you are not the one who I should discuss with. Because you don't know.
    🙄
Back to Top