1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 11:131 edit
    Can it be done?

"My organisation is more moral than yours"... is that a good measure or just opinion? Surely to claim a measure of morality this way the claimant would have to measure morality by opinion of ALL organisations.

"We boot people out of our organisation who do not hold to our moral standards"... isn't this an acceptance that said organisation is actually less moral, and only maintaining a claimed moral superiority through eviction of weaker individuals?

And besides, isn't this claim of moral superiority a work of pride, which it has been said - comes before a fall?

Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness (not mans morality).

Thoughts...?
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 11:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can it be done?

[b]"My organisation is more moral than yours"
    ... is that a good measure or just opinion? Surely to claim a measure of morality this way the claimant would have to measure morality by opinion of ALL organisations.

"We boot people out of our organisation who do not hold to our moral standards"... isn't this an acceptance t ...[text shortened]... first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness (not mans morality).

Thoughts...?[/b]
    Shag a prostitute, and over pay her after the deed. You'll find yourself morally superior. πŸ˜‰
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:57
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Shag a prostitute, and over pay her after the deed. You'll find yourself morally superior. πŸ˜‰
    πŸ˜•
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 21:04
    Can it be done?

... is that a good measure or just opinion? Surely to claim a measure of morality this way the claimant would have to measure morality by opinion of ALL organisations.

"We boot people out of our organisation who do not hold to our moral standards"... isn't this an acceptance t ...[text shortened]... first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness (not mans morality).

Thoughts...?[/b]
    Who are you to say with your morality and opinion that an organization is not supported by God? Gods morals or mans morals " yours"?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 21:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Who are you to say with your morality and opinion that an organization is not supported by God? Gods morals or mans morals " yours"?
    I'm not the one saying it though...am I Galv? The burden of proof does not lie with the observer it lies with the claimant.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 00:59
    I'm not the one saying it though...am I Galv? The burden of proof does not lie with the observer it lies with the claimant.
    No proof I have to show but it's simply as Jesus said.. "by their fruits."
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 01:39
    No proof I have to show but it's simply as Jesus said.. "by their fruits."
    Simply said? By who or what? Where? Prove it.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 01:57
    Simply said? By who or what? Where? Prove it.
    By Jesus. In Matt the 24th & 28th chapters we are told to do a teaching work worldwide. Some of the fruits Jesus mentioned were the result of showing ones and teaching them about the "Good News of the Kingdom" Jesus himself taught.
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 02:22
    By Jesus. In Matt the 24th & 28th chapters we are told to do a teaching work worldwide. Some of the fruits Jesus mentioned were the result of showing ones and teaching them about the "Good News of the Kingdom" Jesus himself taught.
    You assume immediately that the contents of The Bible are a real entity. The bible was written by hearsay, and by many hundreds of people. Chinese whispers changed the content and reality, as did translation from Hebrew to Islamic to English.

Do you believe, word for word, that in the Bible (pending which version you read) that Matthew really said what he said? I mean, you quote the bible, but which one? They vary with content, so doesn't that worry you? Inconsistency is a good reason to doubt. If your neighbour said his house smelled because of bad dogs maybe you would say, "Aha! I was wondering about that wreak." Yet 3 weeks later, if he was arrested with a dead body in his home, wouldn't you believe the police, and accept that your first initial thoguhts were correct?

The Pharisees maybe created the bible? Isn't that possible? After all, they were taxmen. Maybe they created a hoax, to cause blunders and fear, and reap the financial benefits of their book.

There is no evidence at all for the contents of the bible, where it was written and by whom. So carry on believing the man next door. πŸ˜‰
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 02:32
    You assume immediately that the contents of The Bible are a real entity. The bible was written by hearsay, and by many hundreds of people. Chinese whispers changed the content and reality, as did translation from Hebrew to Islamic to English.

Do you believe, word for word, that in the Bible (pending which version you read) that Matthew really said what h ...[text shortened]... of the bible, where it was written and by whom. So carry on believing the man next door. πŸ˜‰
    As I see you do not believe in the Bible then that leaves very little common ground to speak on.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 23:16

Do you believe, word for word, that in the Bible (pending which version you read) that Matthew really said what h ...[text shortened]... of the bible, where it was written and by whom. So carry on believing the man next door. πŸ˜‰
    umm i dont seem to see any evidence that the bible is uninspired, is it simply hearsay that you dismiss its inspiration, how ironic to say the least!
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 23:22
    Can it be done?

Thoughts...?[/b]
    I think its very apparent that I am the most morally superior being here😏
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 23:37
    Originally posted by duecer
    if thats the case then i am practically an angel!
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 23:41
    ok perhaps the most morally superior being ........................................^
    .......................................................................................................|
    there

but what about here? -->

πŸ˜•
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 00:14
    Lol.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree