1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 22:46
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    christians have been saying that for 2000 years. face it, your false god is not coming back.
    And evil men have been saying the Lord is not coming back for just as long,
    which only means God is merciful and is allowing time for more gentiles to
    believe and come into His Kingdom. However, the signs of end times are
    increasing in our times. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 23:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And evil men have been saying the Lord is not coming back for just as long,
    which only means God is merciful and is allowing time for more gentiles to
    believe and come into His Kingdom. However, the signs of end times are
    increasing in our times. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    In the meantime billions of people are now of other religions, when does it come time to admit your god is never coming back. Lets see how that works out. Bil and a half christian, 5+ something else. That puts your religion squarely in the minority and other religions are growing faster than yours, which in fact is dwindling. What do you do when there is exactly one christian left on the planet and everyone else is like Dasa or something? Then that last christian dies and the Earth goes on as usual, no flames from heaven, no pestilence, no floods, just Earth acting like it always does.

Nice projection for christianity, pardon me, I meant Paulism.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '12 23:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In the meantime billions of people are now of other religions, when does it come time to admit your god is never coming back. Lets see how that works out. Bil and a half christian, 5+ something else. That puts your religion squarely in the minority and other religions are growing faster than yours, which in fact is dwindling. What do you do when there is ex ...[text shortened]... rth acting like it always does.

Nice projection for christianity, pardon me, I meant Paulism.
    If things were to happen as you say, then I would be no worse off than the rest.
    HalleluYah !!!
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '12 07:30
    Originally posted by rwingett
    How successful of an evolutionary strategy is it for a species to grow without restraint, overburden his environment, destroy his ecosystem, and make his planet into an uninhabitable wasteland? We see the same process throughout history on a small scale as various island cultures destroyed their environment, which then caused their population to dramaticall ...[text shortened]... given humanity a short term evolutionary advantage, but it will spell his doom in the long run.
    that is no longer a matter of evolution it is civilization. civilization allows us to not let our weak to perish, to quickly seek new resources, to care for our young. ironically, animals act short term while evolution influences us long term. with civilization we bypass this long term strategy, by screwing the abstract "later generation" with our greed and need for instant gratification at the expense of unborn humans

we will probably adapt in the future. (or have ourselves some wars which is a form of adapting to scarce resources)
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 21:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Our way of life is changing day to day. That's nothing new, and nothing to be sad about.
    Something is deeply complacent about the thinking here. Change is certainly a constant. Whether we need be sad about that rather depends on where we happen to have dropped in the lottery of things and to what extent we care about anyone other than our self satisfied, comfortable and cheerfuly mortal selves.

One problem about climate change, some uncertain time before it becomes an unavoidable crisis for the entire human population, is that it is driven by the selfish appetites of the wealthy at the expense of the poor.

Think of this as a gamble. Should we spend now to avoid future loss? A quick assessment tells us that any spending now implies a social cost and we ask who pays. In what way do those with anything approaching the capacity to pay typically evaluate such a question? And in whose interest are the gathering storms of evidence being undermined and dissipated by the waves of nonsensical, irrational evasion? And why is poverty so endemic on this fertile, generous planet anyway?

Go forth and populate the planet says the Old Testament. All of it, including all the plant and animal kingdom, is there for you to consume. Go eat it all up. But it does not mention when to stop. Does it foretell doom? Oh yes of course, but that is fine too because then the just (that's us folks) will be raised up and the people we don't like will be trashed. Bring it on.

What a bunch of complacent weirdos. 🙁
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 22:01
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    christians have been saying that for 2000 years. face it, your false god is not coming back.
    I wonder if “next Tuesdayism” is the flip side of “last Tuesdayism”?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree