1. Maryland
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 11:51
    Theists (of which I am not one) believe that god has created universe. This must mean he can interact with matter. This implies some sort of metabolism and a physical presence. Where does god get the energy for this metabolism, and what happens to the waste products there from? (If atheists are correct, this question is moot).
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 12:06
    Originally posted by 667joe
    This implies some sort of metabolism and a physical presence.
    Does it? Why?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 12:47
    Theists (of which I am not one) believe that god has created universe. This must mean he can interact with matter. This implies some sort of metabolism and a physical presence. Where does god get the energy for this metabolism, and what happens to the waste products there from? (If atheists are correct, this question is moot).
    They are cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 12:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
    You say that really because it allows you to cast those demons from your mind so you don't have to listen to the likes of Sonhouse or 667joe and the rest of the evil bunch.
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 18:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You say that really because it allows you to cast those demons from your mind so you don't have to listen to the likes of Sonhouse or 667joe and the rest of the evil bunch.
    As usual, no answer.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 19:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does it? Why?
    Whether we explain it mostly by the action of supernatural fairy-dust or whatever, if the physical is affected by "G"od's actions then there ought to be some physical (perhaps very transient) manifestation of this entity that can impart change upon a physical system
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 19:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Whether we explain it mostly by the action of supernatural fairy-dust or whatever, if the physical is affected by "G"od's actions then there ought to be some physical (perhaps very transient) manifestation of this entity that can impart change upon a physical system
    But not necessarily metabolism - and I would hesitate to call it a 'manifestation'. When I affect my environment, am I manifesting? When I affect you via the internet, can you detect metabolism in your computer screen? Have I manifested in your computer screen?
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 22:45
    Without some sort of metabolism on your part, you could net have sent me your message. Indeed, you could not even have thought of your message with out metabolism on your part.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jul '14 23:22
    Yet another weak attempt to "prove" there is no God.

Sorry, try again.
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 00:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yet another weak attempt to "prove" there is no God.

Sorry, try again.
    Your declaration is weaker than mine! You infer I am wrong but you don't say why.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 00:40
    The energy from burning souls is gathered and used.
    It's all very green - no waste!
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 01:14
    If God is outside the universe, as one would expect of a creator, then they need only dip in to affect it. In the event God has a metabolism it could be entirely within a reality external to our universe. Consider the possibility that we live in a simulation. In the higher reality there is a computer on which our reality runs as a simulation. The programmer can make changes to the data structures of the reality simulation in flight, and so interact with our reality without needing to live in it. I'm not suggesting that God is a higher dimensional computer programmer, I'm just demonstrating a model where, what from our point of view would be a God can interact with our universe without needing to have a metabolism in it.
  13. Maryland
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 03:54
    You are reaching!
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 05:42
    Without some sort of metabolism on your part, you could net have sent me your message. Indeed, you could not even have thought of your message with out metabolism on your part.
    Yes, but that metabolism takes place where I am, not where you see the effects. Also, it is only required of me because I am part of the universe. So if God is not part of the universe, he does not require metabolism. Your argument just doesn't hold up.
  15. Maryland
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 09:11
    Ahhhh! Finally agreement! You admit god is not part of the universe!

Thank you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree