1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    3637
    17 Jun '08 21:02
    Early man 'couldn't stomach milk'

    A drink of milk was off the menu for Europeans until only a few thousand years ago, say researchers from London.
    Analysis of Neolithic remains, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggests no European adults could digest the drink at that time.

    University College London scientists say that the rapid spread of a gene which lets us reap the benefits of milk shows evolution in action.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6397001.stm
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    17 Jun '08 21:25
    Technically this should probably be in the science forum, but some here should probably see this.

    It's definitely very interesting.
  3. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    18 Jun '08 14:03
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Technically this should probably be in the science forum, but some here should probably see this.

    It's definitely very interesting.
    It was posted for the Creationists who blindly deny anything that's told to them with proof.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    18 Jun '08 14:06
    Originally posted by scherzo
    It was posted for the Creationists who blindly deny anything that's told to them with proof.
    they will say that god had a plan that depended on us not eating milk until later on.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    18 Jun '08 14:10
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Early man 'couldn't stomach milk'

    A drink of milk was off the menu for Europeans until only a few thousand years ago, say researchers from London.
    Analysis of Neolithic remains, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggests no European adults could digest the drink at that time.

    University College London scientists say that t ...[text shortened]... benefits of milk shows evolution in action.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6397001.stm
    it might be because eating milk might involve some sort of domestication of animals. which didn't happen in the early stages of human society. so probably they tasted milk, saw that it was good but gave them indigestion, which didn't deterred them anyway as not even the evolved human abstains from bad food. so regularly eating the milk(cow or goat) triggered evolution.

    in the future we would be able to digest radioactive sludge if we keep eating junk food.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    18 Jun '08 15:08
    Originally posted by scherzo
    It was posted for the Creationists who blindly deny anything that's told to them with proof.
    Absolutely. Although they do blindly agree with some things without proof too 😉
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    18 Jun '08 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it might be because eating milk might involve some sort of domestication of animals. which didn't happen in the early stages of human society. so probably they tasted milk, saw that it was good but gave them indigestion, which didn't deterred them anyway as not even the evolved human abstains from bad food. so regularly eating the milk(cow or goat) triggere ...[text shortened]... .

    in the future we would be able to digest radioactive sludge if we keep eating junk food.
    The domestication of the cow could have happened for meat first and then many tried the milk and got sick.

    Then some people tried the milk and could handle it and they became more healthy because they got that improved source of nutrition from the milk - hence the advantage.
Back to Top