1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 20:37
    Jesus is not an uncommon name among hispanic men.

Why don't other sorts of people name their kids after Jesus? I don't think I've ever known one white or black person named Jesus, except Jesus Jones, and I don't think that was his real name.

Is it because hispanic Catholics tend to be more devout?
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Why don't other sorts of people name their kids after Jesus? I don't think I've ever known one white or black person named Jesus, except Jesus Jones, and I don't think that was his real name.

Good question. Not sure.

On a slightly different note, I loved the look on my mother's face when I told her a while back, that if our fetus was male, we would name it Judas, and if it was female we'd name it Jezebel.

She was so mortified that even weeks after we had assured her we had no such intentions, she was still begging my wife, "Don't let him call it Judas."

Maybe I should have offered up Jesus instead?

Edit: Pre-emptively striking the sickos. That first "our" means "my wife and I." Not "my mother and I."
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 20:51
    Originally posted by telerion
    Good question. Not sure.

On a slightly different note, I loved the look on my mother's face when I told her a while back, that if our fetus was male, we would name it Judas, and if it was female we'd name it Jezebel.

She was so mortified that even weeks after we had assured her we had no such intentions, she was still begging my wife, "Don't let ...[text shortened]... striking the sickos. That first "our" means "my wife and I." Not "my mother and I."

She was so mortified that even weeks after we had assured her we had no such intentions, she was still begging my wife, "Don't let him call it Judas."

Maybe I should have offered up Jesus instead?

Lol. You cruel man. 😀
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 20:59
    I loved the look on my mother's face when I told her a while back, that if our fetus was male, we would name it Judas...
    I'm sure she wouldn't mind the name Judas now though, seeing as he was Jesus' best and loyal friend and all. :
  5. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:18
    Good question. Not sure.

She was so mortified that even weeks after we had assured her we had no such intentions, she was still begging my wife, "Don't let ...[text shortened]... striking the sickos. That first "our" means "my wife and I." Not "my mother and I."
    Nothing against your mom, but I doubt she could hold a candle against your wife. That's a beautiful woman.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 22:40
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Nothing against your mom, but I doubt she could hold a candle against your wife. That's a beautiful woman.
    She says, "Thank you."
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 01:11
    This is a true story:

At my Mother's church, a young married couple had their first child a few months ago. Unfortunately, the child ended up being a girl. I say unfortunately because the psycho domineering husband wanted a boy so badly that when the girl was born, he blamed it on the Mother, named the child Jezebel (!) and harboured such incredible resentment towards the mother and child that he abandoned the family only weeks later.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 01:14
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This is a true story:

At my Mother's church, a young married couple had their first child a few months ago. Unfortunately, the child ended up being a girl. I say unfortunately because the psycho domineering husband wanted a boy so badly that when the girl was born, he blamed it on the Mother, named the child Jezebel (!) and harboured such incredible resentment towards the mother and child that he abandoned the family only weeks later.
    Divorce is wrong. God willing, he'll see the error of his ways and return to lead his family.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 01:17
    Divorce is wrong. God willing, he'll see the error of his ways and return to lead his family.
    The church was actually very supportive of the abandoned mother and helped her through the crisis quite admirably.

But yes, religion is retarded, if that's what you're getting at.
  10. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 01:21
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This is a true story:

The ladies are better off without him. He seems a tad touched. No one wants a foreskin that bad.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 01:30

Yes, this is true. Have you ever noticed that white baseball players are always playing with their nuts before they go up to bat, but hispanic players go through a ritual where they genoflex.