1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 22:03
    Rev. Ted Haggard, disgraced leader of the National Association of Evangelicals will undergo "restorative therapy" to change his sexual orientation. To muddy this soup even more, it will be conducted by James Dobson and a pastor in Van Nuys, CA and one in Phoenix, Az.

Whatever you may think of Ted Haggard, please pray he doesn't end up more messed up than he already is. He should just find a Jewish psychiatrist.
  2. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 22:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Rev. Ted Haggard, disgraced leader of the National Association of Evangelicals will undergo "restorative therapy" to change his sexual orientation. To muddy this soup even more, it will be conducted by James Dobson and a pastor in Van Nuys, CA and one in Phoenix, Az.

Whatever you may think of Ted Haggard, please pray he doesn't end up more messed up than he already is. He should just find a Jewish psychiatrist.
    One of my flatmates studies medicine. The other day she told me, to my surprise, that the hospital she works in has the largest "gender reassignment" unit in Europe (this came up because she was doing my nails at the time). Furthermore, people who have sex changes there do so with NHS funding, because the operation corrects an essential "developmental psychological problem".

If he fancies men, why doesn't Rev. Haggard just become a medical woman for free rather than mess with a psycho Jesusfascist like James Dobson? I know that being a homosexual man and being a woman are completely different things, and he may have no desire to be a woman, but God only cares about homosexual acts, not feelings, and Haggard would probably be less messed up as a gay man in a straight woman's body than as a victim of evangelical 'psychology'.

Get me the man's email address, I'll see what I can do 😛.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 22:25
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    One of my flatmates studies medicine. The other day she told me, to my surprise, that the hospital she works in has the largest "gender reassignment" unit in Europe (this came up because she was doing my nails at the time). Furthermore, people who have sex changes there do so with NHS funding, because the operation corrects an essential "developmental ...[text shortened]... vangelical 'psychology'.

Get me the man's email address, I'll see what I can do 😛.
    Your post intrigues me more about your nails than anything else. I must confess that I didn't quite understand your Ivory Tower thread, but I'm starting to worry about you now.

I know there are men trapped in a woman's body and vice versa, but I'm thinking he's just gay.
  4. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 22:301 edit
    Your post intrigues me more about your nails than anything else. I must confess that I didn't quite understand your Ivory Tower thread, but I'm starting to worry about you now.

I know there are men trapped in a woman's body and vice versa, but I'm thinking he's just gay.
    That's the point. He's just gay, but God only hates gays when they get topological with it, AFAIK. If he got worked on by Dobson, he could end up in trouble (who knows, God might end up hating them later). However, if he got a sex change, he could get topological with any men he wanted without having God hate him, and the only trade-off would be the huge psychological issues that come from being misgendered. Those wouldn't be as bad as being a Dobson victim, though.

EDIT My nails are alternating black and pink and very sexy indeed.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 23:02
    Sexuality restorative therapy didn't work for Turing and it won't work for Haggard.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 23:06
    Nothing the non-God-botherers like more than a big, fat, juicy hypocrite, huh? I'm surprised at Dawkins' restraint over this whole thing, actually. Or, perhaps he's merely working out his exact treatment for the whole mess.
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    07 Nov '06 23:11

I looked at royalchicken’s Ivory Tower thread. I’m going to wait for his forthcoming opus: Tractatus Theologico-Mathematicus. Clearly the post-postmodern theological scene has passed me by...

“Gender reassignment”!!??!! Myra Breckinridge turns over in her grave...
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 03:11
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Nothing the non-God-botherers like more than a big, fat, juicy hypocrite, huh? I'm surprised at Dawkins' restraint over this whole thing, actually. Or, perhaps he's merely working out his exact treatment for the whole mess.
    He's got a lot better things to do than thumb his nose at a confused homosexual evangelical. Maybe Dawkins isn't such a bad guy after all.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 21:28
    Originally posted by telerion
    He's got a lot better things to do than thumb his nose at a confused homosexual evangelical. Maybe Dawkins isn't such a bad guy after all.
    I don't consider RD a 'bad guy,' but seeing the venom spewing from the majority of non-God-botherers and/or those indicted by their own consciences, people just love a train wreck... especially when the train considers itself 'set apart,' and seems bent on telling others to stay on track.
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 21:49
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Sexuality restorative therapy didn't work for Turing and it won't work for Haggard.
    It was the one halting problem Turing didn't solve.
  11. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 19:27
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Rectastic.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 01:06
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Oh my word. That's quite the joke. Well done.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 22:03
    Oh my word. That's quite the joke. Well done.
    I'd rec it, too... if I got the reference. Is it worth googling?
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 08:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I'd rec it, too... if I got the reference. Is it worth googling?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:111 edit
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem
    Ironic that--- to combat overt homosexual acts--- they injected him with estrogen! It's nice to know that following such blatant discrimination which resulted in unknown loss of his genius, Turing was able to rebound and enjoy artistic success by founding the 80's band Morphogenesis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree