1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 06:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's the whole point, isn't it? UFOs are out there, so they're safe to believe in. It's certainly not in here, meaning in the heart, like religion is. The heart is where oftentimes, humans fear to tread, especially if the heart is their own.
    Well for me it's has real implications ....I saw one once a UFO that is ....did it change my faith in anyway no not really

Manny
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 06:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    Like what?
    God knows.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 07:43
    Deism is your religion.
    Id say its more like Meism
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 08:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He worships you?
    C'mon Robbie ... you're not that awesome!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 08:24
    If "meism", intellectually and spiritually speaking, is the opposite of groupthink and duckspeak, then the label might work. 😉
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 11:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    If "meism", intellectually and spiritually speaking, is the opposite of groupthink and duckspeak, then the label might work. 😉
    Interesting conjugation.

I don't think that what is spiritual is known by intellectual means. I think the intellect follows the spirit, that what is spiritual affects the intellect.

I believe that spirituality is about matters of the spirit, that we are in essence spiritual beings with an intellectual capacity for interpreting the environment by means of the physical senses, but the spirit is that part of our makeup that gives us the capacity to know the truth, which is God.

God is Truth. The physical senses feed the intellect, but the spirit feeds the soul with the Truth, which is spiritually known.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 11:09
    I don't think that what is spiritual is known by intellectual means. I think the intellect follows the spirit, that what is spiritual affects the intellect.
    There is plenty of intellectual dishonesty to be found in the arguments deployed in religious and spiritual discussions, and that is the case for all manner of beliefs and non-beliefs.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 11:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is plenty of intellectual dishonesty to be found in the arguments deployed in religious and spiritual discussions, and that is the case for all manner of beliefs and non-beliefs.
    Of course!

When the intellect is founded on spiritual truth intellectual dishonesty is a willful act of rebellion against God's truth.

God's truth comes before, and is the priori of thought. When one engages in intellectual dishonesty, whether knowingly or not, that one compromises on the truth.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 18:07
    Matthew 24:6, "You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet."
    Matthew 24:14, "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
    1 Timothy 2:3,4, "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of the truth."
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 19:331 edit
    Seems to me if there were say, 7 billion meists, there would be no religious wars, so I am all for it.

There would just be 7 billion opinions as to what or who or why god is.

It's not much different now, like the blind man examining an elephant.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 21:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Seems to me if there were say, 7 billion meists, there would be no religious wars, so I am all for it.

Maybe you are the blind man.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 02:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse

I think there would be 7 billion wars. We need to know who and what the true God is. We would benefit from knowing Him. If 7 billion people would learn that it could be a beautiful world. At Isaiah 48:18 God says, "If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river.."
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 03:08
    Originally posted by roigam
    We need to know who and what the true God is. We would benefit from knowing Him. If 7 billion people would learn that it could be a beautiful world.
    My back-of-an-envelope survey of people I know, extrapolated to the world's entire population, indicates that the large majority of people ~ billions and billions ~ are already sure they "know who and what the true God is". What is it you "know" that they don't?
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 03:25
    I think there would be 7 billion wars. We need to know who and what the true God is. We would benefit from knowing Him. If 7 billion people would learn that it could be a beautiful world. At Isaiah 48:18 God says, "If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river.."
    Given that one of the commandments was "Thou shalt not kill" keeping to it would make peace pretty much automatic.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 07:12
    Deep man. ... d e e p

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree