1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:09
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    this depends on the question. even an Athiest knows how to accept certain parts of life their questions will have no answer to.
    I said a desire to question, not a need for answers, I find theists so much more needy in regards to absolutes.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:21
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I said a desire to question, not a need for answers, I find theists so much more needy in regards to absolutes.
    your 'good points' are relative to Christianity?
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:26
    your 'good points' are relative to Christianity?
    I don't understand what you are asking.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:32
    I don't understand what you are asking.
    i've just got the impression that you and other Atheists compare your own standings to Christians. hence your good points come from where you funtion at a higher standard than Christians. i believe that would be much in regards to the study of life.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:33
    Most positive aspect of atheism: Total freedom from the bounding shackles of religion.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:35
    i've just got the impression that you and other Atheists compare your own standings to Christians...
    Not necessarily. The atheist has no belief in any god(s), christian or otherwise.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:38
    i've just got the impression that you and other Atheists compare your own standings to Christians. hence your good points come from where you funtion at a higher standard than Christians. i believe that would be much in regards to the study of life.
    Not at all, I don't base any of my own values purely on one group, Christians or otherwise. If I do look at the relativities of my moral makeup, it will be against society as a whole. Saying I have a good point is, I hope, a comment on how I function within that society, not a comment on how I hold myself above others.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:38
    Originally posted by stocken
    Not necessarily. The atheist has no belief in any god(s), christian or otherwise.
    this don't mean much.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:431 edit
    Not at all, I don't base any of my own values purely on one group, Christians or otherwise. If I do look at the relativities of my moral makeup, it will be against society as a whole. Saying I have a good point is, I hope, a comment on how I function within that society, not a comment on how I hold myself above others.
    it is a battle field, but i don't think it is wrong to be against the wrongs you see in society, religions or what have you.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:44
    this don't mean much.
    It means that an atheist doesn't necessarily compare him/herself against christian values. That's what you implied, wasn't it?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:48
    It means that an atheist doesn't necessarily compare him/herself against christian values. That's what you implied, wasn't it?
    yes smarty-pants. they both battle here day after day, so it's only natural the standings will come from each other. their non-belief in God is irrelevent.
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 13:53
    yes smarty-pants. they both battle here day after day, so it's only natural the standings will come from each other. their non-belief in God is irrelevent.
    Ok, maybe I'm a bit unclear. What I meant to say is that an atheist doesn't compare him/herself against christian values. It's not christianity vs. atheism, specifically. Atheism is it's own standpoint, quite separate from any religion. Disbelief in god(s) has everything to do with being atheist.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 14:02
    Ok, maybe I'm a bit unclear. What I meant to say is that an atheist doesn't compare him/herself against christian values. It's not christianity vs. atheism, specifically. Atheism is it's own standpoint, quite separate from any religion. Disbelief in god(s) has everything to do with being atheist.
    what's that saying around? ummm... what you think don't change what is. and another... you become where you live.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 14:03
    it is a battle field, but i don't think it is wrong to be against the wrongs you see in society, religions or what have you.
    What is a battlefield?

Of course not, everyone should speak out about what they see as wrong, but I want to make clear that it's not the realm of the atheist to necessarily judge themselves against theists.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 14:10
    What is a battlefield?

Of course not, everyone should speak out about what they see as wrong, but I want to make clear that it's not the realm of the atheist to necessarily judge themselves against theists.
    talking about/arguing different views is a 'battle field'. judgments naturally take place be it yourself or others... it happens if you want it to or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree