1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 11:48
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Please review my comments 7 posts up.

What I know of mother Theresa is that she worked in orphanages and with the sick and dedicated her life to that, fairly selfless especially by today's standard. "

It's what I know, and quite frankly all I care to know about Mother Theresa... no disrespect to her.

If you know additional information about ...[text shortened]... ted, I am sorry that my knowledge is limited with regards to her but it is... it is not a fault.
    Lack of knowledge is a fault. If you want to post in a public forum at least get as much factual information in your head first. Coming here with part of the information and then ignoring other information presented by others shows disrespect for the complete story or the truth.

There a many negative stories about this person, and its not all cookies and icecream. By the way the Catholic Church granting sainthood means nothing really.
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 12:08
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Lack of knowledge is a fault. If you want to post in a public forum at least get as much factual information in your head first. Coming here with part of the information and then ignoring other information presented by others shows disrespect for the complete story or the truth.

There a many negative stories about this person, and its not all cookies and icecream. By the way the Catholic Church granting sainthood means nothing really.
    I think you need to lighten up. In the OP, FHF asked...

What do non-Catholic Christians think of Mother Teresa being declared a "saint"?

I am a non Catholic Christian, and I did state what 'I think', nothing more.

Coming here with part of the information and then ignoring other information presented by others shows disrespect for the complete story or the truth.

An opinion was asked for in the OP, not the truth. Again, my knowledge of Mother Theresa is limited to what I stated, I just don't know that much about her nor care to really, it's just not important to me.

On another note, I would think you might have been impressed with her works and all, no? God will be the judge as he sees the heart where we do not, wouldn't you agree?

Do you care to answer the OP?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 12:26
    I think you need to lighten up. In the OP, FHF asked...

What do non-Catholic Christians think of Mother Teresa being declared a "saint"?

I am a non Catholic Christian, and I did state what 'I think', nothing more.

[quote]Coming here with part of the information and then ignoring other information presented by others shows disrespect for the ...[text shortened]... judge as he sees the heart where we do not, wouldn't you agree?

Do you care to answer the OP?
    I dont discuss individuals so that means I dont care the answer the opening post. The reason for that is in your post .. God is the judge and I dont know the heart and mind of people.

Some appear good and righteous but in the end Christ may very well reject them. Someone may appear evil and sinful but in the end Christ may accept them. I stay out of this judging business,
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 12:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I dont discuss individuals so that means I dont care the answer the opening post. The reason for that is in your post .. God is the judge and I dont know the heart and mind of people.

Some appear good and righteous but in the end Christ may very well reject them. Someone may appear evil and sinful but in the end Christ may accept them. I stay out of this judging business,
    I dont discuss individuals so that means I dont care the answer the opening post

What was your purpose then to you responding to my post? I am an individual, and I gave an opinion (which was asked in the OP) and you sought to align me to you idea of forum etiquette. Is that not judgement?

Matters not, thanks for your comments.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 12:41
    I dont discuss individuals so that means I dont care the answer the opening post

What was your purpose then to you responding to my post? I am an individual, and I gave an opinion (which was asked in the OP) and you sought to align me to you idea of forum etiquette. Is that not judgement?

Matters not, thanks for your comments.
    Youre welcome.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 15:39
    Please review my comments 7 posts up.
    I have done so, and maintain that my response is not a game as you implied.
    Your pretence at neutrality is just that. Pretence.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 15:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The page, or its contents? The page lists claims by third parties about her life. Are you saying the third parties may not have made those claims and that is under dispute, or are you saying the claims themselves are under dispute?
    I'm pointing out what it says on the page itself, which you will have read but seem to be unable to understand.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    05 Sep '16 15:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have done so, and maintain that my response is not a game as you implied.
    Your pretence at neutrality is just that. Pretence.
    Ok, thanks for the comments.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 10:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm pointing out what it says on the page itself, which you will have read but seem to be unable to understand.
    The page itself says the neutrality of the page is disputed. Why did you feel the need to not only point that out, but also characterise it as the page being 'under dispute' which does not accurately reflect the actual situation?
    Do you yourself dispute any of the contents?
    I think it is you that failed to understand what it says at the top of the page. Either that or you felt the need to bring the contents into doubt but didn't have the honesty to do so in a reasonable manner.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '16 10:53
    Ok, thanks for the comments.
    Your rudeness is noted.
  11. Maryland
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 13:00
    Mother Teresa accepted stolen money, did little to help the suffering, and favored policies that perpetuated the poor. She was not a saint!
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 05:56
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Mother Teresa accepted stolen money, did little to help the suffering, and favored policies that perpetuated the poor. She was not a saint!
    Yeah, and the poor and the needy want to be poor and needy because they don't want to work, and liberals don't really want to help them at all.

Typical conservative claptrap.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 06:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, and the poor and the needy want to be poor and needy because they don't want to work, and liberals don't really want to help them at all.

Typical conservative claptrap.
    667joe's complaints about Mother Teresa sound similar to the way she has been criticized by the 'left' rather than by conservatives. I would have thought you'd agree that sources of what one might refer to as "typical conservative claptrap" have been more inclined to congratulate and lionize her.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 06:091 edit
    There are serious question marks about the standard of medical care her hospices provided, especially with regard to provision of analgesics.
  15. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Oct '16 00:25
    Birth control is a large factor in the reduction of poverty and MT was 100% against it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree