1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 22:02
    Animal slaughter is sinful and cruel..

Animals can smell the fear of death at the slaughter house.

They are distressed constantly.

Persons of false religion and atheist do not care for the suffering of animals and associated atrocities.

Muslim persons are even more uncaring for they are brutal in their practices of slaughter.

They are often found brutalizing the animal before killing.............kicking it into submission and tying its feet and dragging it about and often hacking at its throat many times in an attempt to kill.

Violence and brutality are characteristics of this false religion Islam.

False religion by its own devices creates violent uncaring persons.

Animal slaughter and the associated cruel practices are symptoms of false religion.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 23:23
    I think I have to take a stand and take offence at this.

I am no fan of the Muslim religion (and certainly don't support halal food practices).
    But then I dislike all religions (to varying extents).

However to grossly misrepresent and malign a huge group of people with no evidence or truth
    I find to be both distasteful and offensive.

There are people of all walks of life who mistreat animals.
    I am opposed to this.

However as a group 'Muslims' certainly do not all do what you are accusing them of.
    You are painting the majority with the behaviour of a minority.
    And you are doing so for the furtherment of your own ends.

You are bigoted, ignorant, intolerant, offensive, insulting, and generally annoying.

By completely failing to join in any debate of your claims you show a total lack of respect
    for those you are talking to and their opinions.
    You do not care what others say to you, so why should we care what you say to us?

I expect and demand you apologise for this unnecessary and gross insult against a huge group
    of people you evidently know little to nothing about.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:37
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I think I have to take a stand and take offence at this.

I am no fan of the Muslim religion (and certainly don't support halal food practices).
    But then I dislike all religions (to varying extents).

However to grossly misrepresent and malign a huge group of people with no evidence or truth
    I find to be both distasteful and offensive.

There are ...[text shortened]... and gross insult against a huge group
    of people you evidently know little to nothing about.
    dude, don't bother
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 01:24
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Animal slaughter is sinful and cruel..

Animals can smell the fear of death at the slaughter house.

They are distressed constantly.

Persons of false religion and atheist do not care for the suffering of animals and associated atrocities.

Muslim persons are even more uncaring for they are brutal in their practices of slaughter.

They are often found ...[text shortened]... persons.

Animal slaughter and the associated cruel practices are symptoms of false religion.
    animal slaughter is a completely natural process. nothing to do with religion. it's a survival mechanism. animals slaughter plants. other animals slaughter animals. some plants slaughter other plants.

cruel practices on the other hand are symptoms of a psychotic mind. such people need special care and treatment to cure them of their illness. unfortunately, we don't have the ability to cure all of them at this time. medical science progresses undaunted!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 01:57
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    animal slaughter is a completely natural process. nothing to do with religion. it's a survival mechanism. animals slaughter plants. other animals slaughter animals. some plants slaughter other plants.

cruel practices on the other hand are symptoms of a psychotic mind. such people need special care and treatment to cure them of their illness. unf ...[text shortened]... on't have the ability to cure all of them at this time. medical science progresses undaunted!
    I got the impression when he said animal slaughter he was including
    cruelty in the mix since he mentioned slaughter houses. Slaughter
    houses has been a contention with animal activist for a good while now.
    When I mentioned the cheetah running down his prey to kill and eat for
    food; he said that was their natural animalistic instincts; but man should
    be more spiritual and resist these animalistic instincts. So it appears he
    does not want man to kill at all, even if it is not slaughter in a slaughter
    house.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I got the impression when he said animal slaughter he was including
    cruelty in the mix since he mentioned slaughter houses. Slaughter
    houses has been a contention with animal activist for a good while now.
    When I mentioned the cheetah running down his prey to kill and eat for
    food; he said that was their natural animalistic instincts; but man should
    be ...[text shortened]... appears he
    does not want man to kill at all, even if it is not slaughter in a slaughter
    house.
    it is strange what goes on in dasa's head.

eating plants is also an animal instinct. should we not by the same token resist our animal instincts and refrain from murdering and eating plants? after all, a true spiritual being would be able to live by the grace of the creator alone, without having to kill any life-form for sustenance.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:23
    it is strange what goes on in dasa's head.

eating plants is also an animal instinct. should we not by the same token resist our animal instincts and refrain from murdering and eating plants? after all, a true spiritual being would be able to live by the grace of the creator alone, without having to kill any life-form for sustenance.
    Even if we could do that, we would still be killing bacteria and viruses all our lives. There is no way to disentangle us from killing SOMETHING living, even our own living cells (apoptosis).
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Even if we could do that, we would still be killing bacteria and viruses all our lives. There is no way to disentangle us from killing SOMETHING living, even our own living cells (apoptosis).
    while that is true, we wouldn't be actively killing them for sustenance. but you are correct. the only way to live a purely spiritual life is to live as a spirit. i don't know about dasa, but i plan on sticking around here (earth that is) for a while.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:48
    while that is true, we wouldn't be actively killing them for sustenance. but you are correct. the only way to live a purely spiritual life is to live as a spirit. i don't know about dasa, but i plan on sticking around here (earth that is) for a while.
    So what is worse, to take a knife and go into the woods and surprise and kill an animal to eat it or to go to the grocer and buy a piece of meat in its nice transparent package?
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 03:15
    So what is worse, to take a knife and go into the woods and surprise and kill an animal to eat it or to go to the grocer and buy a piece of meat in its nice transparent package?
    personally, going to the woods to hunt your own food is better. and the reason is more mundane than you might think. i don't know what chemicals were used to grow the animal in the grocer meat, or where the meat has been or how long it has really been sitting in that package.

i don't eat any grocer meat. i also haven't had the opportunity to go hunting or visit a trusted local farm lately, so i've been vegetarian for a good year or more.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 04:19
    personally, going to the woods to hunt your own food is better. and the reason is more mundane than you might think. i don't know what chemicals were used to grow the animal in the grocer meat, or where the meat has been or how long it has really been sitting in that package.

i don't eat any grocer meat. i also haven't had the opportunity to go hunting or visit a trusted local farm lately, so i've been vegetarian for a good year or more.
    My daughter is vegan. I would be too if I could figure out what veggies I would need to make a total diet. As it is now, I have been fed meat so long it is part of my diet now. I love fruits and veggies, but because of the meat I never feel fully satiated. Don't know how to overcome that. I do love fresh baked bread though. I know that is not good for you either.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 05:34
    My daughter is vegan. I would be too if I could figure out what veggies I would need to make a total diet. As it is now, I have been fed meat so long it is part of my diet now. I love fruits and veggies, but because of the meat I never feel fully satiated. Don't know how to overcome that. I do love fresh baked bread though. I know that is not good for you either.
    it does require some research. if you're coming from a meat background, a good mix of beans and nuts would cover most of your dietary needs, the balance made up with fresh fruits and leafy vegetables. your daughter would be a good guide!

there is nothing inherently wrong with meat, it's just the nasty hormones and substandard feed the mass producers use that you should avoid. gods know what long term damage those are causing to your intestinal tract. if you stick with market-meat consumption i suggest annual colonic or biannual enemas.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 10:40
    From what I've heard about everything you eat or breath in can give
    you cancer, except for pure oxygen.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 12:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    From what I've heard about everything you eat or breath in can give
    you cancer, except for pure oxygen.
    actually pure oxygen isn't so good for you either....
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 20:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    actually pure oxygen isn't so good for you either....
    Then it is no wonder that we all die so young and don't live to
    be 900 years old anymore.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree