1. Joined
    12 Sep '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 17:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually my friend you have a problem, for although God is the ultimate Judge, he has appointed, in the case of the old testament (Hebrew scriptures), humans to judge on his behalf, thus we read, that Moses was appointed a judge, as was his successor Joshua, then we have the period known as judges when Israel was without a human King, then we have th ...[text shortened]... n King of Israel, Saul, who rendered judgement, as did David and Solomon afterwards etc etc etc.
    When I die I will be be judged by G/D.
  2. Joined
    12 Sep '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 17:52
    actually my friend you have a problem, for although God is the ultimate Judge, he has appointed, in the case of the old testament (Hebrew scriptures), humans to judge on his behalf, thus we read, that Moses was appointed a judge, as was his successor Joshua, then we have the period known as judges when Israel was without a human King, then we have th ...[text shortened]... n King of Israel, Saul, who rendered judgement, as did David and Solomon afterwards etc etc etc.
    Appointing people to do his work doesn't mean I will worship them or even feel I should be judged by them.

I'm failing to see your point.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:01
    Originally posted by CED SYSTEM
    When I die I will be be judged by G/D.
    Yes this is true, let me see what i can do. it is a great pity that you must restrict you search to the Hebrew portion, for there are many beautiful verse in the Christian Greek scriptures which state what you are seeking to procure.

(James 4:12) . . .One there is that is lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But you, who are you to be judging your neighbor?

In the Hebrew scriptures there are the following but none seem to be quite as to the point.

(Isaiah 33:22) . . .For Jehovah is our Judge, Jehovah is our Statute-giver, Jehovah is our King; he himself will save us.

(Psalm 75:7) . . .For God is the judge. This one he abases, and that one he exalts.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:041 edit
    Appointing people to do his work doesn't mean I will worship them or even feel I should be judged by them.

I'm failing to see your point.
    My point is, that is making a search fro a scripture which states that God exclusively is judge, one must be aware that he himself has appointed judges to render judicial decisions on his behalf, thus, the field is quite broad. It has nothing to do with whether you would like to worship them or not, or whether you shall be judged by them, which seems to be quite out of the question.
  5. Joined
    12 Sep '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:07
    My point is, that is making a search fro a scripture which states that God exclusively is judge, one must be aware that he himself has appointed judges to render judicial decisions on his behalf, thus, the field is quite broad. It has nothing to do with whether you would like to worship them or not, or whether you shall be judged by them, which seems to be quite out of the question.
    Ahh I see now. Thanks.

You're right.
  6. Joined
    12 Sep '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:12
    (Psalm 75:7) . . .For God is the judge. This one he abases, and that one he exalts.
    I like this one. Thanks
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:13
    Ahh I see now. Thanks.

You're right.
    Is it purely in the context of death, that you are searching. i dunno, the references are just not as specific as one would like, but your point is very valid and there must be something!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:16
    I like this one. Thanks
    you are most welcome, here is a few more, the first one is amazing as the ancient patriarch Abraham is reasoning with God, and God in his patience listens to him.

(Genesis 18:25) It is unthinkable of you that you are acting in this manner to put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does with the wicked! It is unthinkable of you. Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?”

Psalm 94:2) Raise yourself up, O Judge of the earth. Bring back a retribution upon the haughty ones.
  9. Joined
    12 Sep '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:16
    Well I definitely need to study more.

Thanks to all who posted.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:27
    Originally posted by amannion
    His?
    Are you referring to a god of some sort?
    How do you know it's male?
    There's only One God and He's Male.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:30
    Originally posted by daniel58
    There's only One God and He's Male.
    his name is Steve!
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 18:35
    his name is Steve!
    No
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 06:25
    Hi I am looking for a scripture from the old testament about how only G/D can judge me.

Any help is much appreciated.
    You then look for a tree of a certain type and neglect the forest.

God is not the only one that can judge, according to the Old Testament. Angels can do it too.

See, this is how the Bible is used to try to provide foundation to a preconceived idea or belief. That is not the way to glean anything spiritually helpful to you from the Bible.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 07:541 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No
    yes, Steve Galveston, from Texas, he posts on this forum. His dogs think that he is God!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree