1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 14:10
    A new vision of God and religion, in accordance to reality.
    Let's say God exists. He created all of our local Universe, in a super-computer simulation that he made himself for it's final project in University. He gave the initial conditions (10^90 particles, and basic laws and principles of physics, etc) and let the system evolve.
    He had an entropy meter, so he would know where life was in his experiment. But he wanted to measure how intelligent the life he had "created" was. He's looking at us now, (and maybe someother millions of life forms scattered through the local universe that evolved from the initial conditions of the simulation), studying intelligence and emotions and evolution.
    What do you think this God would like? Worshiping? I don't believe so... We are part of a game where we have to find the rules. The first group to understand it all gets as a prize a complete copy/paste from the simulation to god's world.
    Then the game would start all over again, trying to understand god's world. Of course this guy was no God, and God himself would have his own "gods", fears, etc.
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 17:08
    Originally posted by serigado
    Let's say God exists. He created all of our local Universe, in a super-computer simulation that he made himself for it's final project in University. He gave the initial conditions (10^90 particles, and basic laws and principles of physics, etc) and let the system evolve.
    He had an entropy meter, ...[text shortened]... Of course this guy was no God, and God himself would have his own "gods", fears, etc.
    Undoubtedly, the real God is watching us. Not curious about whether we can figure out the world He made, but instead waiting for us to seek Him.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 21:55
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Undoubtedly, the real God is watching us. Not curious about whether we can figure out the world He made, but instead waiting for us to seek Him.
    You have no fear of telling others what God is thinking do you?

How come he shared his thoughts with you? You must be 'Special'?
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 23:02
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Your belief. Fallible, as all beliefs.
    "undoubtedly" -> maybe too strong of an adjective to qualify your statement, wouldn't you agree?
    I seek the explanation of the world. I seek to understand reality. My pursuit is a lot more valuable for me and mankind then any inglorious hope of seeking any of those religious "Gods"
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    You have no fear of telling others what God is thinking do you?

How come he shared his thoughts with you? You must be 'Special'?
    Fear of what? I have some fear of being mugged my an armed gang upside town, not of any Gods.
    I have no fear because IF there's a God, he gave me the intelligence to distinguish right from wrong, plausible from not plausible, criticism, etc.

No God shared thoughts with me. Only my friends, they exist FOR SURE and are quite responsive to my arguments.

FEAR? I pity you, having fear of your own belief.

And YES, I am special. Everyone of us is.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 01:552 edits
    He had an entropy meter, Of course this guy was no God, and God himself would have his own "gods", fears, etc.
    Your presentation of God is one in which he is not all knowing. I say this because you refer to creation as an experiment as though God were trying to see what an outcome would be that he does not know with 100% certainty. However, I am of the opinion that he did know and does know all the outcomes before they occur or have occurred. Having said that, the question then must be asked, why did he do it? My response is that he wanted to share his love with others. Unfortunatly, when sharing a loving relationship there is the risk of rejection which he had to be willing to indure. At the end of the day you could say that he was successful to a point, however, not all were willing to recipricate his love.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 03:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Your presentation of God is one in which he is not all knowing. I say this because you refer to creation as an experiment as though God were trying to see what an outcome would be that he does not know with 100% certainty. However, I am of the opinion that he did know and does know all the outcomes before they occur or have occurred. Having said that, the ...[text shortened]... ld say that he was successful to a point, however, not all were willing to recipricate his love.
    The deterministic God. Einstein thought the same. You should study Quantum Mechanics, Dynamical Systems and Chaos, Complex Systems, Critical Phenomena.
    Einstein was wrong. At least he'd say "God plays dice", I'm sure.
    God already knowing the outcome of his creation is speculation. As much speculation as god itself.

Your response to "why did god create us" is fallible. If we are part of God , it doesn't make sense to God to create us just to share something with himself. In fact, an all knowing, all powerful God doesn't make sense...
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 06:351 edit
    Fear of what? I have some fear of being mugged my an armed gang upside town, not of any Gods.
    I have no fear because IF there's a God, he gave me the intelligence to distinguish right from wrong, plausible from not plausible, criticism, etc.

No God shared thoughts with me. Only my friends, they exist FOR SURE and are quite responsive to my arguments.

FEAR? I pity you, having fear of your own belief.

And YES, I am special. Everyone of us is.
    not you, you muppet.

Epiphinehas keeps telling everone what god is thinking. I was wondering how he knows he is right and others are wrong. What might be of concern is what happens when god tells him that this person or that is not worthy enough.... and he takes action instead of just telling people that they are wrong.

edit: I also wonder how he retreats, when humility strikes. I mean it's not an easy phsycological position to escape from, total perfection and absolute assurance.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 06:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Your presentation of God is one in which he is not all knowing. I say this because you refer to creation as an experiment as though God were trying to see what an outcome would be that he does not know with 100% certainty. However, I am of the opinion that he did know and does know all the outcomes before they occur or have occurred. Having said that, the ...[text shortened]... must be asked, why did he do it? My response is that he wanted to share his love with others.
    The next logical step is to ask whether God is omnipotent. If he is then why could he not simply make the end product exactly as he desires instead of going through the whole laborious process resulting in billions of 'lost souls' ending up in hell.

Unfortunatly, when sharing a loving relationship there is the risk of rejection which he had to be willing to indure. At the end of the day you could say that he was successful to a point, however, not all were willing to recipricate his love.
    Now you are contradicting yourself. If God is all knowing and knows with 100% certainty the outcome of all events then there is no such thing as 'risk' for him and he knows exactly who will or will not reject him. In fact he could if he wanted to, choose not to create those that will reject him or even make them in such a way that they do not reject him. In a deterministic world, 'risk' does not exist.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 12:00
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    not you, you muppet.

Epiphinehas keeps telling everone what god is thinking. I was wondering how he knows he is right and others are wrong. What might be of concern is what happens when god tells him that this person or that is not worthy enough.... and he takes action instead of just telling people that they are wrong.

edit: I also wonder how ...[text shortened]... t's not an easy phsycological position to escape from, total perfection and absolute assurance.
    It's the thirst to post, you must understand 🙂
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 16:561 edit
    It's the thirst to post, you must understand 🙂
    troll

😉
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 18:132 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The next logical step is to ask whether God is omnipotent. If he is then why could he not simply make the end product exactly as he desires instead of going through the whole laborious process resulting in billions of 'lost souls' ending up in hell.

[b]Unfortunatly, when sharing a loving relationship there is the risk of rejection which he had to be wi n such a way that they do not reject him. In a deterministic world, 'risk' does not exist.
    In fact he could if he wanted to, choose not to create those that will reject him or even make them in such a way that they do not reject him. ---whitey----

But if he didn't create them then how would he know that they would reject him? If Cleopatra could see the future how could she see us landing on the moon if it didn't happen? God cannot know a future that does not exist. Maybe he could create a living breathing sentient being that can make choices between right and wrong with no chance of it ever going wrong or rejecting his creator , but then again maybe he can't and it is an illogical proposition. It's silly really to talk about God in separartion from free will. If we really have free will then God cannot always predict what we will do. He has to "wait" for us to do it. And if he doesn't create us he can't know.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 19:08
    He had an entropy meter, ...[text shortened]... Of course this guy was no God, and God himself would have his own "gods", fears, etc.
    The flying spaghetti monster loves us all.
    All though he only would prefer us to love him back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree