1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 23:30
    1) What shape was the ark?

2) Had it ever rained before the flood?

3) Had man ever seen a rainbow before the flood?

4) How long did it take for Noah to build the Ark?

5) How many windows did the Ark have?

6) How many times did Noah send out the Dove from the ark?

7) According to Gen 11: 1-9. where did all our languages originate from?

8) When was Babylon founded?

9) What did King Belshazzar read on a wall?

10) Who was Meshach and what did he have in common with fire?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 04:28
    1) What shape was the ark? like a large oil tanker ? It was a large boat.

2) Had it ever rained before the flood?: The bible does not say. Most believe no. A canopy of clouds covered the earth and water came from the ground is what the biblical account reads.

3) Had man ever seen a rainbow before the flood?: Apparently not because when God announced the rainbow and it's meaning it was a new thing to be seen.

4) How long did it take for Noah to build the Ark? : We don't know for sure but approximately 100 years it seems.

5) How many windows did the Ark have? : One

6) How many times did Noah send out the Dove from the ark?: 3 times on the 3rd time it did not come back

7) According to Gen 11: 1-9. where did all our languages originate from?: Apparently at the tower of Babel although the tower of babel might not actually be in the bible as I was reading. It was a city with a tower.

8) When was Babylon founded?: Nimrod and not sure if we know the exact date.

9) What did King Belshazzar read on a wall?: The words basically said your kingdom is come to an end and your enemy is upon you.

10) Who was Meshach and what did he have in common with fire? : Meshach was one of the young Hebrew men along with Shadrach and Abednego. Their names were changed to Babylonian equivalents it seems. They were placed in a furnace of sorts and lived. Cool story by the way.

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 04:47
    Bab apparently means gate and el means God. Hence it may have meant gate of god. Or gate to god ? Babel

Manny
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 00:00
    Originally posted by galveston75

...[text shortened]... ing Belshazzar read on a wall?

According to the dimensions given.

No.

Good grief!

Everyday until God closed the door.

Just one. Right by Noah's bedroom, and all that animal dung smell went through it.

Until it didn't come back.

Our mouths

8) When was Babylon founded?

Soon after it was lost.

9) What did King Belshazzar read on a wall?

The hand writing.

Me shack. That's where I live bro. I don't have a fire place, but I do have a wood burner.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 23:32
    Originally posted by menace71
    1) What shape was the ark? like a large oil tanker ? It was a large boat.

2) Had it ever rained before the flood?: The bible does not say. Most believe no. A canopy of clouds covered the earth and water came from the ground is what the biblical account reads.

3) Had man ever seen a rainbow before the flood?: Apparently not because when God announced ...[text shortened]... ts it seems. They were placed in a furnace of sorts and lived. Cool story by the way.

Manny
    Good job. You get 50,000 points. Lol
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 23:33
    Originally posted by josephw

[b]According to the dimensions given.

No.

Good grief!

Everyday until God closed the door.

5) How many windows did the Ark ...[text shortened]... shack. That's where I live bro. I don't have a fire place, but I do have a wood burner.[/b][/b]
    You get -50,000 points because "Good Grief" is not the correct answer.. Lol
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 23:381 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Bab apparently means gate and el means God. Hence it may have meant gate of god. Or gate to god ? Babel

Manny
    Actually I found this on Babel:

BABEL
    (Babel) [Confusion].
    One of the first cities to be built after the Flood. Here God “confused the language of all the earth.” (Ge 11:9) The name is derived from the verb ba‧lal′, meaning “confuse.” Local citizens, thinking of their city as God’s seat of government, claimed that the name was compounded from Bab (Gate) and ilu (God), signifying “Gate of God.”
    The beginning of the kingdom of wicked Nimrod, the “mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah,” was here at Babel, “in the land of Shinar,” on the alluvial plain built up by silt from the flooding Euphrates and Tigris rivers. (Ge 10:9, 10) Stones were not available for construction, so the builders made use of the great deposits of clay. “Let us make bricks and bake them with a burning process,” they said. Because of an absence of lime, the mortar consisted of bitumen.—Ge 11:3.
    Babel’s God-defying program centered around construction of a religious tower “with its top in the heavens.” It was not built for the worship and praise of Jehovah, but was dedicated to false man-made religion, with a motive of making a “celebrated name” for the builders.—Ge 11:4.
    The approximate time of such building may be drawn from the following information: Peleg lived from 2269 to 2030 B.C.E. His name meant “Division,” for “in his days the earth [that is, “earth’s population”] was divided”; Jehovah “scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.” (Ge 10:25; 11:9) A text of Skarkalisharri, king of Agade (Accad) in patriarchal times, mentions his restoring a temple-tower at Babylon, implying that such a structure existed prior to his reign.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree