1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 01:28
    what do you Christians think of this from the Koran :

"[17.111] And say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has not taken a son and Who has not a partner in the kingdom, and Who has not a helper to save Him from disgrace; and proclaim His greatness magnifying (Him).'

Have fun guys
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 12:32
    Originally posted by frogstomp

"[17.111] And say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has not taken a son and Who has not a partner in the kingdom, and Who has not a helper to save Him from disgrace; and proclaim His greatness magnifying (Him).'

Have fun guys
    It would help if it were seen in context.
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 12:41
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Think he means with relation to Jesus, and how he is perceived in the
    Christian World.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 12:53

Have fun guys
    I think it is from the Qu'ran. I think it contradicts the Bible, on more than one level. I think any work which knowingly contradicts the Bible puts its author and perpetuators in danger of hell fire (depending on their spiritual status, of course).
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 12:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I think it is from the Qu'ran. I think it contradicts the Bible, on more than one level. I think any work which knowingly contradicts the Bible puts its author and perpetuators in danger of hell fire (depending on their spiritual status, of course).
    Or eternal salvation - if, of course, they, and not the bible, are correct. (I love commas!)
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 14:00
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Context?

how's this for context:

"[17.110] Say: Call upon Allah or call upon, the Beneficent God; whichever you call upon, He has the best names; and do not utter your prayer with a very raised voice nor be silent with regard to it, and seek a way between these."

note the numbering
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 17:06
    Context?

how's this for context:

"[17.110] Say: Call upon Allah or call upon, the Beneficent God; whichever you call upon, He has the best names; and do not utter your prayer with a very raised voice nor be silent with regard to it, and seek a way between these."

note the numbering
    Nice to see you active here again, froggy!
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 17:27
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I think it is from the Qu'ran.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The verse in question is one of many in the Qu'ran (Koran) that extolls the glory of Allah, and while doing so criticizes the false doctrines of Christianity because they perceive Allah (the Creator) in the image of man. In other places of the Qu'ran, Christians and Jews are complimented as people of the book, and their revelations (Scriptures) are recognized as containing truths, but partial, incomplete, and ultimately in error.
  9. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 20:11
    You see, the Quran is not there to be chopped and quoted as you feel like
    doing. Its not a pick and choose contest, highlight certain verses and leave
    all the others in the darkness.

You cannot simply select a random verse and expect a straight answer.
    There is wisdom to be learnt in these verses but you need to understand
    the grounds these sentences were built on. The foundations. Only then
    you'll appreciate the true meaning of the verses you quoted above.

If you have a specific question, then please let me hear it, I'll do my
    best, as a Muslim, to answer it.
  10. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 21:58

Have fun guys
    I think it's someone else's religion and their holy book can say whatever they want it to say. My holy book says nasty things about witches (including not allowing them to live) but I don't think any Wiccans are losing any sleep because of it.
  11. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 22:15
    Originally posted by Peachy
    You see, the Quran is not there to be chopped and quoted as you feel like
    doing. Its not a pick and choose contest, highlight certain verses and leave
    all the others in the darkness.

You cannot simply select a random verse and expect a straight answer.
    There is wisdom to be learnt in these verses but you need to understand
    the grounds these sentenc ...[text shortened]... a specific question, then please let me hear it, I'll do my
    best, as a Muslim, to answer it.
    I'm relieved to see there are still sane people in this world.
  12. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 22:17
    Originally posted by reader1107
    I think it's someone else's religion and their holy book can say whatever they want it to say. My holy book says nasty things about witches (including not allowing them to live) but I don't think any Wiccans are losing any sleep because of it.
    As long as you're not actually thinking of doing what your book says I'm fine with it.

Sadly, many unintelligent people stop thinking and simply act on every word of such a book. THOSE are the people that should be sent to hell.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 23:43
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    As long as you're not actually thinking of doing what your book says I'm fine with it.

Sadly, many unintelligent people stop thinking and simply act on every word of such a book. THOSE are the people that should be sent to hell.
    I think it is unlikely that any person is deserving of hell (ie., eternal torment).
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 00:20
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Nice to see you active here again, froggy!
    Thank you, my friend.
    I have come to the conclusion that only a gauge field god could possibly exist.'Tis a pity that each "prophet's" sayings are used to start a reliigion and religious dogma are not helpful in expanding our field-receptors beyond that of the "prophet".

Peace be with you.
  15. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 00:49
    Thank you, my friend.
    I have come to the conclusion that only a gauge field god could possibly exist.'Tis a pity that each "prophet's" sayings are used to start a reliigion and religious dogma are not helpful in expanding our field-receptors beyond that of the "prophet".

Peace be with you.
    I remember asking you about gauge fields, and you said that electro-magnetism was one. Now, I think I agree with you, if say, we’re talking the Tao...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree