1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 09:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Psssst... (I'm frankly shocked that I know what you're talking about here, although I've never seen the movie.

Is it as drenched in testosterone as I've heard? Meaning I may not have a snowball's chance of understanding it?

Much like another Cruise movie, Top Gun. Hated it.)
    I think it's a good watch, although it is quite cliched in parts now, obviously.

Top Gun is a dreadful movie. Robbie should watch it though.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 11:51
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Is deliberately taking a human life ever the correct course of action?
    yes. when there is no hope of rehabilitation, we remove those who have shown to be a danger to society. permanently.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 12:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes. when there is no hope of rehabilitation, we remove those who have shown to be a danger to society. permanently.
    I support this. I live in a very rough country and doubt that many people actually understand what that means. In the first 6 days of 2014 there were 16 or so violent murders, in a population of around 1.3M. The police service and legal system is helpless. There is no such thing as 911 around here. If you are lucky enough to get on to a police station while a burglar is about to break into your house the police will tell you that they have no available vehicles and then proceed with their card game. Successful prosecutions of murderers is in the 2 to 3% range. Drugs and gangs are rampant. So is abuse within families. Murder and suicide is normal when things go bad. Foreign experts have come and gone without any improvement.

Therefore I support the death penalty here. I also support it when a murder, drug lord, gang leader is caught in the act, the police shoot to kill, becuase if he goes free, a good lawyer and a lame legal system = freedom.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 16:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I support this. I live in a very rough country and doubt that many people actually understand what that means. In the first 6 days of 2014 there were 16 or so violent murders, in a population of around 1.3M. The police service and legal system is helpless. There is no such thing as 911 around here. If you are lucky enough to get on to a police station while ...[text shortened]... police shoot to kill, becuase if he goes free, a good lawyer and a lame legal system = freedom.
    It takes a lot of money to support prisons and a legal system. I hope you have the right to keep and bear arms. That means to have guns for protection.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 16:16
    I support this. I live in a very rough country and doubt that many people actually understand what that means. In the first 6 days of 2014 there were 16 or so violent murders, in a population of around 1.3M. The police service and legal system is helpless. There is no such thing as 911 around here. If you are lucky enough to get on to a police station while ...[text shortened]... police shoot to kill, becuase if he goes free, a good lawyer and a lame legal system = freedom.
    If I may ask, what country is that?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 17:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes you may ask.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 17:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It takes a lot of money to support prisons and a legal system. I hope you have the right to keep and bear arms. That means to have guns for protection.
    No the bearing of arms is illegal. Only certain farmers and business people are allowed to own guns and it is strictly controlle. However there are many illegal firearms and its not difficult to get.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 17:032 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just kidding 🙂 . Trinidad and Tobago. Jamaica used to be more violent that us but then we bypassed them about 10 years ago as the most violent Caribbean nation .. we just cannot stand 2nd place. 🙂

Hey we even appear on the list of countries to avoid which is published by many diplomatic missions. They say we are not tourist friendly .. dont understand why though 🙂
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 20:02
    No the bearing of arms is illegal. Only certain farmers and business people are allowed to own guns and it is strictly controlle. However there are many illegal firearms and its not difficult to get.
    Illegal firearms seem to always go hand-in-hand with increased crime, violence, and murder.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 00:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Illegal firearms seem to always go hand-in-hand with increased crime, violence, and murder.
    28 violent murders in 16 days in a pop of 1.3M. Rough country... I love it . 🙂

Come spend a couple weeks with me here in Trinidad & Tobago. Im inviting you pussies who sit behind a computer and talk and laugh at the rest of the world.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 00:551 edit
    Check this one .. a bit excessive but still typical. Happened today.

The US [Norfolk, Virginia] intercepted a shipment of cocaine from my home country valued at around $100M US .. just take the blooming thing and sell it .. why let the DEA or customs enjoy it alone.

http://wtkr.com/2014/01/16/record-732-pounds-of-cocaine-seized-at-port-of-norfolk/
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 01:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Top Gun is a dreadful movie. Robbie should watch it though.
    Too loud to even sleep through...
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 02:29
    28 violent murders in 16 days in a pop of 1.3M. Rough country... I love it . 🙂

Come spend a couple weeks with me here in Trinidad & Tobago. Im inviting you pussies who sit behind a computer and talk and laugh at the rest of the world.
    Can you get a boat to/from Valenzuela?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 09:44
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Can you get a boat to/from Valenzuela?
    By fishing boat yes. Its Venezuela.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree