1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '14 09:20
    Originally posted by josephw

I saw the Grand Canyon once. I wasn't impressed. I though it would have been bigger. I was disappointed.
    I had the opportunity to fly over the Grand Canyon last year; I thought it was an incredible spectacle. Strange how different people have different perceptions.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 04:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Near my home along the Forth and Clyde canal built in the 1700's and now a national monument lies the parish of Cadder. A church of some description has stood on the same site since the 1100's which by any account is pretty ancient the present one having been erected in the 1800's. I went not to pay my respects to the diseased but to see a tree whi ...[text shortened]... ://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TrAfgqXvlJU/SwgWsxeygHI/AAAAAAAAAgE/xt9yaiZf1GI/s1600/cawder+graveyard.JPG
    Nice poetry rob.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 11:36
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Nice poetry rob.
    Wow thanks, I think anyone should be able to write a poem like that. I wonder how many poems are written and never see the light of day.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 23:141 edit
    Wow thanks, I think anyone should be able to write a poem like that. I wonder how many poems are written and never see the light of day.
    Bright and crisp in the sun.

A perfect,
    silent,
    sense,
    of peace,
    snow!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 13:53
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Bright and crisp in the sun.

A perfect,
    silent,
    sense,
    of peace,
    snow!
    See, you did it! I love snow drops, there are some awesome videos on you tube of them forming πŸ˜€
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 16:542 edits
    I would say most of them have seen the light of day, otherwise they would have been exceedingly hard to writeπŸ™‚

There were probably a few blind poets who wrote in the back of an unlit cave....Now THOSE poems....
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '14 08:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I would say most of them have seen the light of day, otherwise they would have been exceedingly hard to writeπŸ™‚

There were probably a few blind poets who wrote in the back of an unlit cave....Now THOSE poems....
    Gee I dunno, I had a girlfriend when i was in college who used to write poetry and she never showed them to anyone but me.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '14 08:49
    Gee I dunno, I had a girlfriend when i was in college who used to write poetry and she never showed them to anyone but me.
    Yeah but she didn't write them in the dark did she?πŸ™‚ So they saw the light of day immediately......
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '14 09:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah but she didn't write them in the dark did she?πŸ™‚ So they saw the light of day immediately......
    well in a sense yes, but they were locked away in a dark book ever afterwards. She was a Chinese girl, Jackie Ho, i gave her a classical guitar that I had, hopefully she still has it πŸ˜€

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree