1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 05:452 edits
    God and Satan were the best of friends, they often played cloud-jousting or created new nebulas together. One day, as they sat on the rings of Saturn, looking out over the solar system towards Vega, God turned towards Satan and said;
    "I'm bored, Lucifer."
    "Bored? You can do anything you want, how can you be bored?"
    "That's just it, nothing's a surprise, nothing's new. Being omniscient, omnipotent and all the other omnis, it's just so, omnidull."
    Satan paused for thought as a comet burnt up on Jupiter's outer atmosphere.
    "How about we have a wager."
    "Go on."
    "Lets have you create a world with tiny persons on it. Lets give them the choice on whether to worship you, or to decline and end up forever in my new nightclub as dancers and cleaners. I'm having terrible luck getting the demons to actually do any work"
    "Hell? Is it any good, I haven't had the chance to pop down, the Holy Spirit gets tetchy if I go out for too long."
    "It's okay, nice and warm, good range in music and lighting effects. I'm really just the money, I let Mogadon do all the customer stuff."
    "So how do we do this wager then?"
    "Well, lets write a book for them, it can contain some great story about how things are or were, but really it'll just be a quagmire of interpretation. Paint me and you as enemies and let them decide who's in the right. Give them about 10000 years and then we'll kill them all off before counting up the souls and announcing a winner."
    "I like it, what do we get if we win?"
    "Free tickets to the Fallen-Angel Disco Bash?"
    "Deal, how shall we start?"
    "Let's start at the start, my old friend." Said Satan, producing an angel-feather quill. God smiled and took it before producing a piece of papyrus from thin air. He looked once up at the constellation of Orion and then set to work. 'In the beginning...' he wrote.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 06:23
    Originally posted by Starrman
    God and Satan were the best of friends, they often played cloud-jousting or created new nebulas together. One day, as they sat on the rings of Saturn, looking out over the solar system towards Vega, God turned towards Satan and said;
    "I'm bored, Lucifer."
    "That's just it, nothing's a surprise, ...[text shortened]... d then set to work. 'In the beginning...' he wrote.
    This is off-topic, but have you read I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan? It doesn’t exactly follow your scenario, but it is a hoot...
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 06:35
    "I'm bored, Lucifer."
    "That's just it, nothing's a surprise, ...[text shortened]... d then set to work. 'In the beginning...' he wrote.
    Wrecked on the Reef of Rocktagious, CLSOA.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 07:33
    Originally posted by vistesd
    This is off-topic, but have you read I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan? It doesn’t exactly follow your scenario, but it is a hoot...
    No, but I've often wanted to write a book from Lucifer's point of view. I've had a small fascination with his story ever since I read Paradise Lost.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 08:16
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Yes, very funny!
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 13:46
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes, very funny!
    I shall endeavour to check it out then.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 15:07
    I shall endeavour to check it out then.
    Here are some reviews, scroll down to the bottom of the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/I-Lucifer-Finally-Other-Story/dp/0802140149
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 19:23
    "I'm bored, Lucifer."
    I can imagine a tale from Satan's perspective. I can just see him rolling his eyes everytime Cliff Richard reaches number one...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree