1. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:58
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Christ and Mohammed were not sent by the same God.

Christ said we should love our enemies. Mohammed says the infidel should be killed.
    From the Qu'ran:
    So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and (as for) those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.
    [ http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/047.qmt.html for context; the Qu'ran is available there in three translations.]

Also, try this:
    Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
    [ http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/002.qmt.html ]
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:12
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Or nuts.
    Ultimately, it what type of friutcake you get...
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:14
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    If ever I were pastor of a gay church, I'd have that slogan up in big letters above the altar.

Excluding Christianity for a moment, aren't Allah & JHVH pretty much the same?
    To a certain extent, but there are a few glaring differences that are hard to reconcile; I'll come back to you once I've done my homework.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:302 edits
    For an in depth (Christian-biassed) perspective:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Fisher/Topical/index.htm

For the Muslim biassed perspective:

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Intro/comparison.html
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:59
    The difference is that Mohammad is still in the grave.
    If a grave is all the after life we have to look forward to, what is the point of religion? Does anybody believe that the dead are still in their graves, or that our soul never leaves the body?
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:27
    The difference is that Mohammad is still in the grave.
    ...and Jesus never existed at all.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:36
    Originally posted by David C
    ...and Jesus never existed at all.
    Does your skepticism extend to Mohammed?
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 16:11
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Does your skepticism extend to Mohammed?
    No.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 19:10
    Christ and Mohammed were not sent by the same God.

Christ said we should love our enemies. Mohammed says the infidel should be killed.
    Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel , then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 19:25
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Allah is darker.
    And speaks Arabic.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by coi
    i know jews and christians worship the same god, I believe Moslems accept christ as prophet of god, but not his son. However, do moslems actually worship the same god as the jews and christians.
    Yes, except the Jews and Muslims don't think Jesus was God. Other than that, they worship the same God, but believe different things about his characteristics and what his revelations were and what they were supposed to mean. It seems to be a more extreme version of the difference between Born Again Protestant creationists and Roman Catholic evolutionists, for example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree