1. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    09 Apr '05 22:052 edits
    I apologize, as this thread is not intended to entertain inflammatory remarks, unproovable points, asinine preaching, or otherwise heated and irrational arguements (thought anyone is free to pick a fight if they so choose). You must forgive the inherant lack of entertainment.

What I AM asking for, is if anyone has knows of any online resources for the studying of spiritual matters which they have found useful. Personally, I am interested in a creidible online resource for researching Zen. It has been my personal experience to be frustrated with the typical search engine, as the results have been either unsuitable for my purposes or I doubt the credibility/motive of the site. If anyone knows of a good spiritual site, please mention it here and explain what makes it appeal to you.

I think this would be very helpful in creating intelligent and informed discussions here.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    09 Apr '05 22:37
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    I apologize, as this thread is not intended to entertain inflammatory remarks, unproovable points, asinine preaching, or otherwise heated and irrational arguements (thought anyone is free to pick a fight if they so choose). You must forgive the inherant lack of entertainment.

What I AM asking for, is if anyone has knows of any online resources for the ...[text shortened]... u.

I think this would be very helpful in creating intelligent and informed discussions here.
    the introductory notes ,,are very informative..

http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/gthursby/taoism/ttcstan3.htm#1
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Apr '05 22:41

What I AM asking for, is if anyone has knows of any online resources for the ...[text shortened]... u.

You might try these resources for an authentic (supported by lineages dating back to the historical Buddha) Zen/Ch'an perspective, Omnislash:

http://www.chan1.org/ddp/channews.html

I know Ch'an Master Sheng yen from practicing under his guidance both in Maine and New York. The link is to a great number of talks given by him as Dharma (the experiential insight of the Buddha and many others) teaching.

And this one:

http://www.mro.org/zmm/dharmateachings/dharmateach(daido).html

John Daido Loori is an American teacher of Zen in the Catskills of New York. Although I don't know him personally, I know several of his students. Being American, he cuts through many trappings of Asian Zen which makes it more accessible to those who may have no background in the study of the spiritual practices of The East.

Hope this helps.

4. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    09 Apr '05 22:48
    Very helpful people! This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thank you! 🙂
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    10 Apr '05 01:181 edit
    Very helpful people! This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thank you! 🙂
    You're very welcome.

You might try talking to Metamorphosis about your interest , too. He has a great deal of knowlege in the areas of your inquiry.

edit typo made me lose my 'e' in the Tao

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree