1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 23:262 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I'll only concentrate on the first and hope I can get across a simple point

[b]He it is Who sends down water (rain) from the sky; from it you drink and from it (grows) the vegetation on which you send your cattle to pasture."
    Is this a word-for-word excerpt from the Qu-ran?...those parenthesis look suspicious

I can take this to mean that he is bustin s such that practically everything we know of today was firsted hinted at within these books.[/b]
    see...I could read the Bible or the Qu-ran and probably engineer a vast multitude of different interpretations of it's verses such that practically everything we know of today was firsted hinted at within these books.

I understand what you mean.

You can do the same with any book, not only the Bible or Quran, you can do it with any science book too.

The question will your interpretation make sense or not.

When he say send and you interpret it pee, does it make sense.

Any way as you said I'm not the expert. You asked for an expert. I gave you two links and it is up to you to accept the presented interpretations or not.

Edit: The second link contain some scientific opinions from non-muslims so I think it will be more important for you.

Is this a word-for-word excerpt from the Qu-ran?...those parenthesis look suspicious

The Quran in Arabic, the words in parenthesis is added in the translation to approximate the meaning.

If I will translate this verse I will translate as:
    "He who send down from the sky water from which you take drink and vegetation in which you pasture"
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 23:3810 edits
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]see...I could read the Bible or the Qu-ran and probably engineer a vast multitude of different interpretations of it's verses such that practically everything we know of today was firsted hinted at within these books.

You can do the same with any book, not only the Bible or Quran, you can do it with any science book ontain some scientific opinions from non-muslims so I think it will be more important for you.[/b]

You can do the same with any book, not only the Bible or Quran, you can do it with any science book too.

The difference between many science books and *books of truth* is that in addition to the sound empirical evidence used to justify any assertions, the processes are described and the material detailed to such an extent in the former that little room is left for fallacious interpretation....something your holy books lack.

The question will your interpretation make sense or not.

It will if I really want it to...in spite of reason! Also remember that one need only engineer the prose such that it fits what is currently accepted, no need to consider magic pots etc...(unless it suited your own theory!)

When he say send and you interpret it pee, does it make sense.

If hypothetically it was believed that all rain originated from a single point in the sky then this would make a hell of a lot of sense Ahosney

Any way as you said I'm not the expert. You asked for an expert. I gave you two links and it is up to you to accept the presented interpretations or not.

The important words here are presented interpretations

now lets get back to this nut-job on the web...how the hell is he justified in throwing his probabilities at us???

*one more edit* You state that I said you are not an expert...this in itself is an inference you probably took from one of my former paragraphs in this thread...that opinion never even entered my head and was certainly never stated...yet you surmised that this was true and then assert that I said it!
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 00:151 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]I understand what you mean.

The difference between many science books and *books of truth* is that in addition to the sound empirical evidence used to justify any assertions, the processes are described and the material detailed to such an exte as certainly never stated...yet you surmised that this was true and then assert that I said it![/b]
    The difference between many science books and *books of truth* is that in addition to the sound empirical evidence used to justify any assertions, the processes are described and the material detailed to such an extent in the former that little room is left for fallacious interpretation....something your holy books lack.

Why it lackes such a thing? The real problem is that you don't accept them for my holy book, not they don't exist.

The Quran for example tell exactly how it revealed and the purpose of its exitance, and the author too. So knowing this you also don't have much room.

now lets get back to this nut-job on the web...how the hell is he justified in throwing his probabilities at us???

Our point here is not how did he throw his probabilities, but what he based his probabilities on. So if it is true, then his probabilities might be reasonable. (I don't assume they are true)

*one more edit* You state that I said you are not an expert...this in itself is an inference you probably took from one of my former paragraphs in this thread...that opinion never even entered my head and was certainly never stated...yet you surmised that this was true and then assert that I said it!

I don't know of course what was in your mind but yes I infered it,

Tell you what Ahosyney why don't you present us with some excerpts *from the Qu-ran* that specifically address in detail even his *scientific points* without the requirement for us to fill in any gaps.

As you can see my problem was that I missread "excerpts" , so it is miss reading, not infereing actually 🙂

Edit: Can I ask you to wait untill you take a look on some of the information in the two links I gave you and then return back to this point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree