1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 23:55
    @divegeester said
    “So what”... so it means that when you are under a bit of forum pressure and you like to invoke the names of angelic beings in an attempt to add gravitas to your posts, that I remain unimpressed.
    So what?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 00:00
    @chessturd said
    @sonship

My numbers are 144,000 chosen.
    On average 30 million (alive or dead) saying they are chosen.
    Anyone can claim it.
    It ruins the credibility of the religion.
    Sure I agree. But it's not up to any human on the planet to judge one when they say they are. And it's so unbelievable to say in jest as some do here that it's crazy or stupid or it just can't be. Let God be the judge of who he picks. By the way I am not one who God has chosen for this privileged. I have no want to be one as I'm first of all not worthy and my desire is for the earth. He made it for humans. I love it even as man is ruining it.
  3. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 00:16
    40 years of poverty and misery and envy and hatred have left me with wanting no after-life and if given the chance I will refuse it.
    He can give it to the ones he favoured on earth.
    I absolutely believe in god and I absolutely hate him.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 00:20
    @galveston75 said
    It amazes me to actually see what you write and that comes out of your heart. Satan is loving you dude!!!!
    Some amazing stuff comes out of your "heart" at times. Does that mean, according to your own beliefs, "Satan" is loving you too?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 01:174 edits
    @chessturd

My numbers are 144,000 chosen.

Did what I write to you go through one ear and out the other?

And I didn't get from where you are checking?
    Revelation 14:1-20 mentions the number of 144,000.
    But they are called Firstfruits.

Whatever they represent, the implication is that they are the First installment of more to come. Right? I mean a farmer has crops that ripen early before the vaster majority of the crop. The early ripe crop they call "Firstfruits".

You let the Bible interpret itself. "Firstfruits" means the FIRST of MORE Fruits to come. It doesn't mean the "ONLY" fruits. It means the FIRST of the fruits.

Are you still with me?

I am not a Jehovah's Witness. And my explanation is going to be different from what you get from Galveston who claims to be a Jehovah's Witness. I am a Christian, a lover of Jesus who is my Lord and my God.

In the very chapter 14 of Revelation you have both pFirstfruits and a Harvest. The Harvest is more of what the Firstfruits are.

Firstfruits are spoken of in Rev. 14:1-20.
    [b]Harvest
    are spoken of in Rev. 14:14-16

Why don't you get a Bible and read the 14th chapter of Revelation tonight. It is only 20 verses.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 01:23

On average 30 million (alive or dead) saying they are chosen.
    Anyone can claim it.
    It ruins the credibility of the religion.

God can choose as many human beings as He wants to.
    People can claim whatever they claim.

And He can choose some to enjoy something FIRST as Firstfruits and others to enjoy the basic same matter latter as HARVEST.

You need something to work with understand the Bible.
    I recommend the Bible itself first of all.

Like right now I am scanning the chapter for the word "chosen" which you have used.

I do not see the word "chosen" at all in Revelation 14. I do see the word purchased referring to this group.

These were purchased from among men as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. (verse 4).

You can do a lot of arithmetic to make a case about something. But first you need to examine what does the Bible say.

The other chapter that mentions 144,000 is Revelation 7.
    In connection with these I don't see the word "chosen" either. I see the word "sealed".

In neither chapter 7 or 14 do I see the word "chosen". That matters to me, "What does it actually say?"

Now in chapter 7 I do read of a multitude "which no one could number" which represent all those from the human race partaking of salvation.

After these things I saw, and behold, there was a great multitude which no one could number, out of every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, ... And they cry with a loud voice, saying,

Salvation to our God who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb." (v.9a,10)

That is not 144,000. That is a number that no one could number.

Why don't you also read Revelation 7 and find out who are these in the multitude which no one could number? There are only 17 verses in chapter 7.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 06:062 edits
    @galveston75 said
    So what?
    “So what”

Well I suppose the upshot of you using the names of angelic beings in your posts in a vain attempt to add gravitas and presumably impress me in some way, highlights your inability to express your ideas in cohesive way without invoking the titles of supernatural entities and name-dropping your favourite insult as barb.

Your frequent use of “Satan” in this casual manner reveals a quite nasty side of your spirit which is not dissimilar to when @SecondSon tells me he is praying to his version of God to “get me”.

You have famously told me I’m the past that your think I am “worse than Satan” (I quote you verbatim). So when you now tell me that “Satan loves me” it is hardly a surprise.

You should excercise more caution when banding around these names as insults.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree