1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 04:44
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Another oxymoron: RJHinds and 'Instructor'

Sonhouse knows more about spirituality than RJMindless does about critical thinking, logic, and empathy - subjects RJ clearly knows nothing about.

Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people.
    ~ Doris Egan
    Doris Egan??? Are you quoting some nobody. Never heard of such a person.

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 10:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Incredible as it may seem the following passage is taken from the Oxford
    University website. How can one of the world's most prestigious universities
    spout this nonsense?

[i]Theology and Religion are subjects vital to understanding what it means
    to be human – in the past and in today’s world. Theology is the study of
    God and the questions raised ...[text shortened]... ]

They are touting that the study of god(s) can improve your critical thinking!!!

BIZARRE
    You're right! Oxymoron supreme!
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 10:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Doris Egan??? Are you quoting some nobody. Never heard of such a person.

The Instructor
    That "some nobody" was somebody, but you're too ignorant to know that.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 10:25
    Originally posted by Tygert
    That "some nobody" was somebody, but you're too ignorant to know that.
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 11:00
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

The Instructor
    Yes, ignorance is bliss to those who can't deal with problems.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 19:53
    Yes, ignorance is bliss to those who can't deal with problems.
    Evillution has all the problems, young fellow. Old retired Christians, like me, have no problems for we are only waiting until the Lord calls us to our new home in glory.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    16 Sep '13 10:07
    Evillution has all the problems, young fellow. Old retired Christians, like me, have no problems for we are only waiting until the Lord calls us to our new home in glory.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    The whole point of Christ according to your book is that all "sins" are forgiven so you don't need need to be so zealous... I mean the "HalleluYah" thing is very overboard.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '13 11:241 edit
    The whole point of Christ according to your book is that all "sins" are forgiven so you don't need need to be so zealous... I mean the "HalleluYah" thing is very overboard.
    No, not all sins are forgiven but you would need to study scripture to know that. But hey, why bother when hearsay and mere opinion will suffice.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 02:051 edit
    The apostle Paul wrote the following about the Jewish non-believers:

For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” ... that is, if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 18:10
    The apostle Paul wrote the following about the Jewish non-believers:

[b]For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the ...[text shortened]... ll upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

The Instructor[/b]
    So ignorance is no excuse. I guess that means all those tribes in Africa or South America so far into the woods they have never seen a white guy or missionary (they can thank their lucky stars for that blessing), they are all doomed to hell because they never heard of your so-called religion. Nice god you have there.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 07:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So ignorance is no excuse. I guess that means all those tribes in Africa or South America so far into the woods they have never seen a white guy or missionary (they can thank their lucky stars for that blessing), they are all doomed to hell because they never heard of your so-called religion. Nice god you have there.
    I do not know their ultimate fate. I leave that judgment to Christ.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree