1. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:50
    If we are all born with evil as our very nature, as is contended by more than a few folks around here, and in light of the assertion that very, very few of those born on this good Earth get into heaven, then why is it not logical to reason that bringing a child into this world is not akin to a terrible sin? If the preceding theory is true, then far more children born today will end up hellbound and not rewarded in eternal bliss! Parenthood is a gateway for an increase in evil in the world, the logic would seem to indicate.

It seems to me then that being a loving, caring, nurturing parent is completely illusory if one's offspring is simply disbelief away from endless agony in separation from that which is Good.

Shouldn't the birth of a child be an occasion for mourning, instead of the joy that usually accompanies it?
  2. Graceland.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:54
    Originally posted by eagles54

It seems to me then that being a loving, caring, nurturing parent is completely illusory if one's offspring is simply disbelief away from endless agony in separation from that which is Good.

Shouldn't the birth of a child be an occasion for mourning, instead of the joy that usually accompanies it?

We do not believe our children with fail to achieve salvation. In deed a child raised with a belief in Christ will retain that believe in God, unless they explicitly lose that belief. I know families where alll the children have accepted God. To compare a child you raise yourself with one that was not brought up to believe in God is not really a fair comparison.

pc
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:57
    Originally posted by eagles54
    If we are all born with evil as our very nature, as is contended by more than a few folks around here, and in light of the assertion that very, very few of those born on this good Earth get into heaven, then why is it not logical to reason that bringing a child into this world is not akin to a terrible sin? If the preceding theory is true, then far more chi ...[text shortened]... he birth of a child be an occasion for mourning, instead of the joy that usually accompanies it?
    Of course not! Not all are destined for Hell! In God's eyes, every new soul saved is a cause for eternal celebration. And if both parents are believers, it's almost a surity! That's one reason we're told to marry other believers. Praise God for the gifts of little ones!
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 23:54
    It sounds like you're saying one's choice of whether to accept God is mostly just a result of who your parents are. Is that true? I think it is. However, this is evidence that we lack very much free will if any to me.
  7. Moving on...
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 00:14
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Of course not! Not all are destined for Hell! In God's eyes, every new soul saved is a cause for eternal celebration. And if both parents are believers, it's almost a surity! That's one reason we're told to marry other believers. Praise God for the gifts of little ones!
    someone pass me the sick bucket please!
    You get told to marry and you instil the fear of god into your children...What would you do if a child of yours married into another faith Darfius....disown them?, tell them they'll go to hell?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 01:12
    "The father's have eaten sour grapes and the children's teeth are set on edge." Jeremiah (I think)

I think this is a beautifully poetic answer to the question. It's kind of like the Bible and Freud altogether.
  9. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 04:011 edit
    Absolute personal opinion......(meaning I believe this and can't quote didly or squat on it from the Bible)

Every child is an amazing gift and blessing beyond measure, Unfortunately children are human and are stuck with human parents, and like those parents bear the gift and burden of freewill. Free will allows each of us to make choices which can harm or help others.

My understanding of original sin is that it is that within us that rebels against God, seeking to place our own will and authority above God's. This rebellion distorts our relationship with God, others and with creation as a whole. So, each of us has the capacity for good and evil, it is our choices and actions which determine what our lives ultimately become and mean to the world.

Each child is a possiblity.....Ghandi or Hitler and all the shades of good and bad in between.

10. NY
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 04:06
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It sounds like you're saying one's choice of whether to accept God is mostly just a result of who your parents are. Is that true? I think it is. However, this is evidence that we lack very much free will if any to me.
    absolutely... i know many people raised as Christians.. that are not.. more so in recent years... Many other religions are in a major increase... an explosion of "free Will" is being expressed as of late.. and i for one am glad...
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 07:13
    Originally posted by Darfius
    My parents are both Christians and look how I turned out!

Seriously, we've got to give people a little credit for thinking for themselves...
  12. NY
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 07:37
    no.. thats not "there" way... think like them OR BE PUNISHED BY THE INEFIBLE LORD! or sumpn like that.. its like a damn cult... lol... almost as bad as those damn J.W....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree