1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 15:17
    Originally posted by JS357
    "The argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy that essentially relies on a lack of imagination in the audience."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity
    I am not relying on lack of imagination, but lack of proof by the audience. 😏
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not relying on lack of imagination, but lack of proof by the audience. 😏
    That's simply untrue. There are many things that lack proof but this does not warrant judging them to be untrue. It warrants only agnosticism. You are expressing incredulity and pressing for disbelief based on getting people to share that incredulity with you. Don't let yourself be seen as a liar.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 19:171 edit
    That's simply untrue. There are many things that lack proof but this does not warrant judging them to be [b]untrue. It warrants only agnosticism. You are expressing incredulity and pressing for disbelief based on getting people to share that incredulity with you. Don't let yourself be seen as a liar.[/b]
    Then, I suppose that the atheist evolutionists that argue against creation in six days by God are also using the same logical fallacy that just shows their lack of imagination. 😏
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 19:54
    Then, I suppose that the atheist evolutionists that argue against creation in six days by God are also using the same logical fallacy that just shows their lack of imagination. 😏
    Creation in 6 days does indeed require imagination. Evolution, just common sense.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Creation in 6 days does indeed require imagination. Evolution, just common sense.
    I don't see any common sense in believing that fairy tale. However, perhaps you should argue logical fallacies with JS357 for he says it is a lack of imagination to not believe in evolution. I only have enough imagination to believe in creation in six days. 😏
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 20:58
    That happens too.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 21:00
    I don't see any common sense in believing that fairy tale. However, perhaps you should argue logical fallacies with JS357 for he says it is a lack of imagination to not believe in evolution. I only have enough imagination to believe in creation in six days. 😏
    One wonders where you came up with the 6 day idea. Your imagination? I don't think so.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 03:061 edit
    One wonders where you came up with the 6 day idea. Your imagination? I don't think so.
    I got it from writings of Moses who got it from God. And I can imagine that taking place. 😏
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 05:03
    I got it from writings of Moses who got it from God. And I can imagine that taking place. 😏
    So can I. I can even imagine it without them being involved.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 06:391 edit
    So can I. I can even imagine it without them being involved.
    And I can also imagine God as a Being much more powerful and greatly more intelligent than anything He has made. And since the discovery of the biological cell with all its marvelous workings, including DNA containing programming information to make all the parts of specific creatures that only reproduce after their own kind, I can now imagine God doing such a thing to fulfill His word.

What I can't imagine is how the theory of evolution can account for it all, since it appears to me to be based on a random hit or miss dice game with no one to roll the dice.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '15 15:08
    And I can also imagine God as a Being much more powerful and greatly more intelligent than anything He has made. And since the discovery of the biological cell with all its marvelous workings, including DNA containing programming information to make all the parts of specific creatures that only reproduce after their own kind, I can now imagine God doing suc ...[text shortened]... nce it appears to me to be based on a random hit or miss dice game with no one to roll the dice.
    Well, back on page 1 I predicted that seeing patterns in DNA wouldn't change minds like yours so here we are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree