1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 18:332 edits
    Why is peace like a river?
    What power/influence does the sound and imagery of the flowing of water over rocks have?

Thoughts...?

Edit: look the scriptures and analogies up yourself guys...🙂
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 00:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why is peace like a river?
    What power/influence does the sound and imagery of the flowing of water over rocks have?

Thoughts...?
    I don't think a 'river' is a good image/analogy for 'peace'.

Their role in making land fertile [and other benefits] aside, rivers can be violently turbulent and destructive and too often take lives indiscriminately.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 01:01
    Originally posted by FMF

Their role in making land fertile [and other benefits] aside, rivers can be violently turbulent and destructive and too often take lives indiscriminately.
    Maybe in the UK there are good examples of beautiful relaxing peaceful river scenery, even it its only for 3 days of the year 🙂
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 01:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Maybe in the UK there are good examples of beautiful relaxing peaceful river scenery, even it its only for 3 days of the year 🙂
    I spent some time during my late teens/early twenties punting on the River Cam. That was often peaceful. 😵
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 01:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I spent some time during my late teens/early twenties punting on the River Cam. That was often peaceful. 😵
    That must be cool. I think further north in the Scottish and Welsh hilly areas are really spectacular, and must be the kind of scenery that inspired Dives thread.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF

I guess that would generally depend on scale, time and perspective, but yes I see your point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree