1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 21:46
    @rbhill said
    @divegeester

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gs8-S-FTxJc
    I am not fearful for myself personally, but I am fearful. I am fearful for my elderly mother and my health compromised brother-in-law because I don’t want to lose them and despite whatever spiritual assurances I may feel about salvation or the presence of God, there is no assurance that they won’t lose their lives.

Here’s what I mean in scriptural analogy:
    When the angel of death descended on Egypt it was indiscriminate in taking lives. Those who obeyed God and stayed inside and smeared blood on their door posts were spared. If an Egyptian had entered one of the Hebrew homes they also would have been spared. It was the law of the event.

What is the law of this coronavirus event? To be in Christ isn’t sufficient to survive it, and to pretend otherwise is a lie. Christians will die. Christian friends will die. So if and when a vaccine becomes available, will you take it?
    If so why would you, if you are not fearful?

Yes I am fearful.
    Yes there is a place where fear can not overcome.
    No I am not in that place.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 22:001 edit
    @divegeester said
    I am not fearful for myself personally, but I am fearful. I am fearful for my elderly mother and my health compromised brother-in-law because I don’t want to lose them and despite whatever spiritual assurances I may feel about salvation or the presence of God, there is no assurance that they won’t lose their lives.

Here’s what I mean in scriptural analogy:
    When the a ...[text shortened]...

Yes I am fearful.
    Yes there is a place where fear can not overcome.
    No I am not in that place.
    My dad is in a care home. He had an electrical misfire in his heart January 4 of last year. I am at peace because one of his Christian friends led him to Jesus Christ. So I am at peace if my dad doesn’t make it from the coronavirus or anything else. I know his eternity is secure. If I had a missionary family members go overseas and was martyred for sharing their faith I’d be at peace too! I’m sure being martyred you will be honored more then any in heaven after Jesus. But having all about Jesus! I wouldn’t mind being the gate keeper in heaven!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 22:122 edits
    @rbhill said
    My dad is in a care home. He had an electrical misfire in his heart January 4 of last year. I am at peace because one of his Christian friends led him to Jesus Christ. So I am at peace if my dad doesn’t make it from the coronavirus or anything else. I know his eternity is secure. If I had a missionary family members go overseas and was martyred for sharing their faith I’d be a ...[text shortened]... in heaven after Jesus. But having all about Jesus! I wouldn’t mind being the gate keeper in heaven!
    Well you can be pleased that Jesus won’t be burning your dear old Dad alive in hell right. Who mourns for the billions who will be kept alive forever and tormented day and night? Who fought for them and lost? Victory of the cross!!? Don’t make me laugh. If you believe in hell then there is NO victory of the cross. I am not fearful of hell because it doesn’t exist. It is an idea, a vision of a world without Christ. I am not drawn to Christ through fear of hell, your video link talked about fear and yet the doctrine of external suffering is built on it.

No I am more fearful of losing people I love in the here and now to Christ in eternity. I want to be with them now!

Edits: spelling typos.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 22:36
    @rbhill said
    If I had a missionary family members go overseas and was martyred for sharing their faith I’d be at peace too! I’m sure being martyred you will be honored more then any in heaven after Jesus.
    If a Christian was working at a church in Tokyo or Seoul or Sydney or Jakarta or Milan dies of coronavirus, you think it is martyrdom?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 22:40
    @FMF

No, But that’s not what I’m talking about murder is Martyr. Duh!
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 22:411 edit
    @divegeester said
    Well you can be pleased that Jesus won’t be burning your dear old Dad alive in hell right. Who mourns for the billions who will be kept alive forever and tormented day and night? Who fought for them and lost? Victory of the cross!!? Don’t make me laugh. If you believe in hell then there is NO victory of the cross. I am not fearful of hell because it doesn’t exist. It is a ...[text shortened]... ove in the here and now to Christ in eternity. I want to be with them now!

Edits: spelling typos.
    I didn’t come to Christ for fear of hell. But obviously getting saved in redeems you don’t go to hell!
    I came to Christ to have a relationship here and now and after!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 23:07
    @rbhill said
    @FMF

No, But that’s not what I’m talking about murder is Martyr. Duh!
    You were talking about coronavirus, though. Where did you mention "murder"?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 23:12
    @rbhill said
    I didn’t come to Christ for fear of hell.
    Why do you think anyone would, especially if the threat is not credible? And if the threat is clearly not credible, what is the point of it?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '20 23:16
    @rbhill said
    But obviously getting saved in redeems you don’t go to hell!
    How does religious dogma like this promote "supernatural peace" with regard to anything?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '20 07:02
    @rbhill said
    I didn’t come to Christ for fear of hell. But obviously getting saved in redeems you don’t go to hell!
    I came to Christ to have a relationship here and now and after!
    Ok let us assume every Christian is like you and me in this regard.

So tell me what is the point of hell?
    What is the point of telling people about it?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '20 07:04
    FEAR!

FEAR!

FEAR!

Post me another video about not having fear and how to have a supernatural peace.

THINK man.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 16:51
    @divegeester said
    FEAR!

FEAR!

FEAR!

Post me another video about not having fear and how to have a supernatural peace.

THINK man.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXA9NhKnvs0

Even he talks about supernatural peace add a minute and 20 seconds into it
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 17:15
    @rbhill said
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXA9NhKnvs0

Even he talks about supernatural peace add a minute and 20 seconds into it
    Lazy, uninformed and posters with weak arguments make links to videos without providing any explanation.
    I won’t be following this one unless you give some sort of précis.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 19:22
    @divegeester said
    Lazy, uninformed and posters with weak arguments make links to videos without providing any explanation.
    I won’t be following this one unless you give some sort of précis.
    Well, you did just ask him for a video... 🤔
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 20:07
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Well, you did just ask him for a video... 🤔
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/facetiously

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree