Originally posted by mazziewag
    Why do you say there is imperfection?
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/imperfection
  6. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    God is perfect and Holy. He did not create evil,or sin, or anything imperfect.
    well if God created nothing that's imperfect then he did not create human did he?

Or do you have the statement that we are perfect?
  7. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Perfection is a relative word. What is perfect to you may be imperfect to another. If everything created by some mythical being is created the way he wanted it then it is perfect to him, whatever your personal opinion might be.
    The real question is: If you want something to have two logically incompatible attributes then is it still possible to make it? ...[text shortened]... eems to get of the hook somewhere in mid discussion and is excused from making the imperfection.
    sound answer!
  8. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    I believe that God created imperfection as a sort of test of faith.

1) What is faith?
    2) Why is faith a usefull thing?
    3) Why should God need to test faith?
  9. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:51
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Can you give me an example of something perfect?

To me, this adjective is meaningful only if applied to a noun: "a perfect woman", we might say, and go on to discuss what constitutes her perfection.

We could say that God is a perfect God, but I don't think that would get us very far.
    sure

I think this defenition comes closest to what I mean.
    "a quality, trait, or feature of the highest degree of excellence."

I understand that "a perfect woman" is different to everyone. But on the other hand we all understand what you are meaning. Therefor I think it wouldn't be wise to further discuss the defenition of perfection. It is just the simple "perfection" which everybody understands.
  10. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:52
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    And I also believe that deities thrive on chaos. With perfection, there is no chaos.
    so?
  11. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '07 21:57
    Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
    how do we know there is a god?
    oh please god...i didn;t mean to deny you
    euuhhm this is one for a new thread I think,...
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 03:31
    Originally posted by metbierop
    well if God created nothing that's imperfect then he did not create human did he?

Or do you have the statement that we are perfect?
    metbierop, One(you) must accept on some authority or one(you) will never find the Truth!
    Gen 1:31a And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold,it was very good.
  13. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 07:08
    metbierop, One(you) must accept on some authority or one(you) will never find the Truth!
    Gen 1:31a And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold,it was very good.
    I think many people don't find the truth.
    Why do you think I don't accept some authority?
    I'm just pointing out contradixions.

You're quoting from the bible. I don't think this is a very solid argument. Unless you also accept that other people (me for example) also start quoting from the bible to disprove your argument.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '07 23:55
    Originally posted by metbierop
    I think many people don't find the truth.
    Why do you think I don't accept some authority?
    I'm just pointing out contradixions.

You're quoting from the bible. I don't think this is a very solid argument. Unless you also accept that other people (me for example) also start quoting from the bible to disprove your argument.
    That is true, most people are unaware of the Truth. I'm using a capital T because I'm talking about The Truth and not just any truth. And I'm not saying I know all the Truth.
    I apologize. I thought about what I had said after I posted it and thought you might misunderstand what I ment. And I assure you that it was not intended to be judgement of you in any way. I think I was trying to assert that Truth, at least for me, is dependant upon who or what is making a claim to Truth.
    Also, I welcome any constructive criticism of anything I write.
    If you would like to I am certianly willing to see if you can find any contradictions in the Bible. But, if you do, I would ask that we take it slowly, and not start with long lists of apparent contradictions. Please just one axample at a time.
    Be advised I am a two finger typer and relatively unschooled and ignorant. But, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I know the Truth.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 11:03
    Also, I welcome any constructive criticism of anything I write.
    If you would like to I am certianly willing to see if you can find any contradictions in the Bible. But, if you do, I would ask that we take it slowly, and not start with long lists of apparent contradictions. Please just one axample at a time.
    Before going any further please define what you mean by "the Bible".
    Are you referring to
    1. a specific translation
    2. all translations
    3. the oldest known version
    4. a non-existent (currently) original text or texts
    5. your interpretation of it
    6. other
    If you your answer is 1 - 3 then there are many contradictions that can be listed and you will be unable to explain them away without invoking 5. that is making a claim that the actual meaning of the text is significantly different from the commonly understood meaning of said text. (and can probably only be understood by those wearing Secret Decoder Rings or some other mind altering device).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree