1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 12:35
    OK, today I want to start a thread and beseech the help of the RHP theologians. This thread is about an actual person that I met the other day who was very vehement about his deep deep faith in the Lord (actually Lawd) God Almighty. "I am Holiness from the top of my head to the bottoms of my feets." He cannot read or write, but I later learned that he is a pimp. There are usually women who hang around his place who have a reputation for being what we call in these parts "Oxy-whores". You have crack whores, we have oxy(contin) whores. I heard a story about him that when he didn't have any women available for a client, he told his wife to go take a shower and get out there.

Here is your task: Tell me what would ministry look like to this man. How would you go about it? Thank you for your help.
  2. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 12:58
    Jimmy Swaggart Ministries
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 13:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Here is your task: Tell me what would ministry look like to this man. How would you go about it? Thank you for your help.
    Start by helping him get to school so he can learn to read and write. Anything else would be essentially taking advantage of his ignorance to push your own agenda.
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 13:32
    OK, today I want to start a thread and beseech the help of the RHP theologians. This thread is about an actual person that I met the other day who was very vehement about his deep deep faith in the Lord (actually Lawd) God Almighty. "I am Holiness from the top of my head to the bottoms of my feets." He cannot read or write, but I later learned that he i ...[text shortened]... ould ministry look like to this man. How would you go about it? Thank you for your help.
    Don't start by trying to change him. People are best lead to the truth rather than forced to it.

There is a good chance that the gentleman was telling you what you wanted to here. I'd recommend exploring what brought him to his belief and asking him if he would like to learn more about God. Should he answer positively I would start with the book of Job. Many such men feel persecuted and this will help him relate to the bible on a personal level. Follow this up with other bible stories, sodom and gamorah might be a good one for him. Never let him leave a discussion without committing to the next step.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Should he answer positively I would start with the book of Job. Many such men feel persecuted and this will help him relate to the bible on a personal level.
    Just as a matter of interest. Do you think that God is persecuting him? And do you think it a good idea to encourage him to think that that is so?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 17:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Start by helping him get to school so he can learn to read and write. Anything else would be essentially taking advantage of his ignorance to push your own agenda.
    He can't get out of bed. Probably only going to live a couple of months at best.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 00:41
    OK, today I want to start a thread and beseech the help of the RHP theologians. This thread is about an actual person that I met the other day who was very vehement about his deep deep faith in the Lord (actually Lawd) God Almighty. "I am Holiness from the top of my head to the bottoms of my feets." He cannot read or write, but I later learned that he i ...[text shortened]... ould ministry look like to this man. How would you go about it? Thank you for your help.
    Ask him if he knows what it means to be "in Christ". Then, by all means, please come back and tell me what he said.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 08:57
    He can't get out of bed. Probably only going to live a couple of months at best.
    If he can run a pimping business then he can take a correspondence course. (oops, if he cant read then that wont work).
    Can he afford to hire a teacher?
  9. England
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 10:57
    your post made me laugh at it. Maybe he is destined to be saint to the whores in some time to come. head to toe a beliver, think tho he worshiping the deciver rather than the true one. He could minister to the fallen on this site, pray and layed would be his sermons
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 22:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ask him if he knows what it means to be "in Christ". Then, by all means, please come back and tell me what he said.
    I think that term may be a little sophisticated for him. He would just say that he "knows Jesus." It was all rather depressing for me. Mud everywhere. Probably about 100 roosters being bred to fight. Two whores show up and try to get him to give them some money. One of them ask the lady I'm talking to if I am her man to which she says, "Bitch, he's the preacher!" They're scoping the place out to see if they can steal his drugs.

I can't make this stuff up. We should all thank Jesus for Las Vegas.
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 02:25
    Then he's sort of in the "crammin' for finals" stage? I might go for working on his knowledge of Jesus -- who he thinks he is, what his impression is about Jesus (as in -- savior, judge, buddy, etc.).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree