1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    25 Mar '05 18:581 edit
    One of the finest books Ive read that blends politics and spirituality in an edifying manner is Ceremony by Leslie Silko. Have others read the book?

The story concerns a WWII veteran who had been a POW during the Bataan Death March in the Philippines. The incessant rain had provoked him to pray that it would stop. Now, back home in New Mexico, his land suffers from drought for which he blames himself. In addition, his cousin died in WWII, and he feels guilty because he was suppossed to protect his cousin, and he had convinced him to join the army at the onset of war. Several of the other veterans in his community have been toying with witchcraft, and they are attempting to lure the hero to his destruction. The story takes place in the vicinity of the Jackpile uranium mine.
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 17:44
    it appears that religion, especially Christianity, is the focus of this forum on spirituality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree