1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 13:09
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/08/mormon-bishop-under-fire-for-harry-reid-criticism/

Not only did Harry Reid lose his majority status in the Senate, now he is being told by the Mormon church that he is going straight to hell for supporting a party that embraces infanticide and the state endorsement of the abomination of gay marriage.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 14:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/08/mormon-bishop-under-fire-for-harry-reid-criticism/

Not only did Harry Reid lose his majority status in the Senate, now he is being told by the Mormon church that he is going straight to hell for supporting a party that embraces infanticide and the state endorsement of the abomination of gay marriage.
    Harry is truly a man after his own heart! 🙂
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 18:212 edits
    The position of the church is that abortion is murder.

So the question begs, if the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, who claim to be members of their respective churches, endorse people murdering for various reasons, will God forgive them?

Put another way, if they belonged to the Nazi government and supported a platform that consisted of genocide against the Jews, would God forgive them?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 18:32

So the question begs, if the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, who claim to be members of their respective churches, endorse people murdering for various reasons, will God forgive them?

Put another way, if they belonged to the Nazi government and supported a platform that consisted of genocide against the Jews, would God forgive them?
    Or put another way, judge not lest ye be judged?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 23:14

Probably not, since they obviously do not follow the Lord.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 00:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Do you think any Nazis made it into heaven?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 06:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I got this feeling that you don't really understand that and don't give a rat's ass anyway. 😏
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 21:08

I'm wondering if I'm alone in wondering if this belongs in Spirituality?

I'm getting tired of political jabs showing up here merely because some tenuous link can be established to religion in it.

Haters gonna hate. Mormons gonna hate, Conservatives gonna hate.

Can we move on, now?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 21:202 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm wondering if I'm alone in wondering if this belongs in Spirituality?

I'm getting tired of political jabs showing up here merely because some tenuous link can be established to religion in it.

Haters gonna hate. Mormons gonna hate, Conservatives gonna hate.

Can we move on, now?
    I believe you are correct that the Debates Forum is a better place for political matters, but he may want opinions of some here that do not go to the Debates Forum. It does say something about a Mormon bishop so it may be more about the religious view than the political view of Harry Reid. This is the main part I believe:
    A Mormon bishop in Los Angeles is under fire for his assertion that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is unworthy to enter the faith’s temples because of his support for Democratic Party positions.

Peredes called Reid an “embarrassment” and expressed his belief that Democrats’ support of same-sex marriage, abortion rights and gambling runs contrary to church positions.

“Of all of yesterday’s election results, the one that made me dance a jig was the ousting of Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader,” he wrote. “The Senate’s most powerful perch will no longer be occupied by a man who does not take his religion seriously.

“I have no doubt that Harry Reid is a wonderful man who loves his wife and kids, attends church, and is kind to animals. However, he is not a man of serious religious faith,” he added.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree