1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 01:141 edit
    http://www.refiningtruth.com/pope-hires-harry-potter-author-jk-rowling-rewrite-bible/

Church Hires JK Rowling To Rewrite The Bible

WW NewsThe latest PR coup for Pope Francis has seen him hire famous and revered children’s author JK Rowling to rewrite the Bible.

It is hoped the author, most famous for her Harry Potter series, can make it more accessible and believable for a new generation of Catholics and Christians.While the specifics of the rewrite are not yet known, it is believed Rowling is tasked with producing a compelling tale that young Catholics and Christians can engage with. Figures such as dementors and other popular creations may take the place of less realistic Biblical creatures such as unicorns and the leviathon.“We are very happy Miss Rowling has agreed to the rewrite, we keenly await the first draft,” a Vatican insider told WWN.Rowling’s selection has raised some eyebrows but the decision by Pope Francis to select the wildly popular author is mainly due to commercial concerns.“

The sales of the Jesus Christ action figure have dropped by over 200% in the last 10 years, we are in need of new, compelling and toy-friendly characters…like the dinosaur in Toy Story,” a source close to the Pope told WWN.“Our revenue streams are shrinking so the more Hollywood-esque the better,” the source concluded.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 01:201 edit
    The irony here is that at one point, Christians were protesting and speaking out against Harry Potter as demonic for promoting witchcraft.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 01:26
    Originally posted by vivify
    WW NewsThe latest PR coup for Pope Francis has seen him hire famous and revered children’s author JK Rowling to rewrite the Bible.

Apparently the Pope insisted on Russell Crowe as Noah
    because of "financial considerations" - in particular
    Christmas sales of the Noah Action Figure.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 02:02
    From the Disclaimer for Waterford Whispers News, the origin of this story:

Waterford Whispers News is a fabricated satirical newspaper and comedy website published by Waterford Whispers News.

Waterford Whispers News uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

The content of this web-site (graphics, text and other elements) is © Copyright Waterford Whispers News and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publisher.

Waterford Whispers News is not intended for people under 18 years of age.

We endeavor not to use any images that are covered under copyright, if an image is used that is covered by copyright then please contact us regarding the image.

If you are aware of any copyright infringement or have any other queries or complaints, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and, where necessary, correct the problem. Please accept our apologies in advance on behalf of any contribution which has offended.

— http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/disclaimer/ [my bold]
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 02:21
    The irony here is that at one point, Christians were protesting and speaking out against Harry Potter as demonic for promoting witchcraft.
    Although that is true, the real irony here is that an evangelical Christian website re-printed this as a "news story". It is a joke.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 04:59
    http://www.refiningtruth.com/pope-hires-harry-potter-author-jk-rowling-rewrite-bible/

It is hoped the author, most famous for her Harry Potter series, can make it more accessib ...[text shortened]... Our revenue streams are shrinking so the more Hollywood-esque the better,” the source concluded.
    Oh dear.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 06:05
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Although that is true, the real irony here is that an evangelical Christian website re-printed this as a "news story". It is a joke.
    Am I to believe that "refiningtruth" thought this a true story?

btw: I made up the Russel Crowe stuff ... 😀
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 06:081 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Am I to believe that "refiningtruth" thought this a true story?

btw: I made up the Russel Crowe stuff ... 😀
    Thought you did. 🙂 Don't know about the other, but they seemed to; they definitely called it a news story.

EDIT: I really don't think I can watch that film, even with Russell in it . . .
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 09:17

It is hoped the author, most famous for her Harry Potter series, can make it more accessib ...[text shortened]... Our revenue streams are shrinking so the more Hollywood-esque the better,” the source concluded.
    Are you wondering what J. K. Rowling’s up to next? WWN – Water for Whispered News, has some scoop.
    According to the rumor-based website, Pope Francis himself is Rowling’s newest employer. The website states that they have a Vatican insider, who told them the church is desperate to raise some attention. The insider claims that the Jesus action figure’s sales have dropped with 200% in the last decade. In other words, the Vatican is in need of something Hollywood-ish and “cool”, which will bring the masses back to Jesus Christ.

are we seriously treating this as serious?
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 13:23
    I assumed that a Christian web site would fact check religious matters before printing something like that. My mistake.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 14:23
    I assumed that a Christian web site would fact check religious matters before printing something like that. My mistake.
    It's just the one chucklehead, Bill Hitchcock, whose BS detector malfunctioned.

That's the simple explanation. But I wouldn't be surprised if the cause of the malfunction is that evangelical protestants already view the Catholic church as heretical and are ready, even eager, to use 'news' like this to bash them.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 18:40
    The joke is on the Christians.

Gullible as can be and scared as he'll.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 18:44
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    It's just the one chucklehead, Bill Hitchcock, whose BS detector malfunctioned.

That's the simple explanation. But I wouldn't be surprised if the cause of the malfunction is that evangelical protestants already view the Catholic church as heretical and are ready, even eager, to use 'news' like this to bash them.
    Now use that same line of reasoning with respect to all other man made institutions. It's a free-for-all everywhere. Misinformation rules!
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 19:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    Now use that same line of reasoning with respect to all other man made institutions. It's a free-for-all everywhere. Misinformation rules!
    Confirmation bias is indeed a trap for all to avoid. Double-check the source that tells you what you want to hear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree