1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '13 05:471 edit
    Postcard to RHP Spirituality Forum Posters

Somewhere, Today, 2013

Three Questions have been floating around in my skull, reclining in an Ostrich Style Sky Blue Chaise Lounge soaking up the noonday sun: 1) Which Frequent Poster Do You Think is the Most Prolific; 2) Which Poster Gets the Most/Least Said with the Fewest Words; 3) Which Poster's Style of Expression Do You Enjoy the Most/Least and Why? Well, let's hope these musings have lightened your day. (One Well Tanned Boston Lad)
    -
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    09 Apr '13 06:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Postcard to RHP Spirituality Forum Posters

Somewhere, Today, 2013

Three Questions have been floating around in my skull, reclining in an Ostrich Style Sky Blue Chaise Lounge soaking up the noonday sun: 1) Which Frequent Poster Do You Think is the Most Prolific; 2) Which Poster Gets the Most/Least Said with the Fewest Words; 3) Which Poster' ...[text shortened]... d Why? Well, let's hope these musings have lightened your day. (One Well Tanned Boston Lad)
    -[/b]
    Me, who else? 😉
    Something in my skull thinks there is nothing spiritual about this "thread".
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 17:47

Somewhere, Today, 2013

Three Questions have been floating around in my skull, reclining in an Ostrich Style Sky Blue Chaise Lounge soaking up the noonday sun: 1) Which Frequent Poster Do You Think is the Most Prolific; 2) Which Poster Gets the Most/Least Said with the Fewest Words; 3) Which Poster' ...[text shortened]... d Why? Well, let's hope these musings have lightened your day. (One Well Tanned Boston Lad)
    -[/b]
    I think you meant this for the general forum didn't you?
  4. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 23:58

Somewhere, Today, 2013

-[/b]
    Those who ...' eschew obfuscation"
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 08:08
    Originally posted by kiki46
    Those who ...' eschew obfuscation"
    "'Eschew obfuscation', also stated as "eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation', is a humorous fumblerule used by English teachers and professors when lecturing about proper writing techniques. Literally, the phrase means "avoid being unclear" or "avoid being unclear, support being clear", but the use of relatively uncommon words causes confusion, making the phrase an example of irony, and more precisely a heterological or hypocritical phrase (it does not embody its own advice). The phrase has appeared in print at least as early as 1959, when it was used as a section heading in a NASA document.[3] An earlier similar phrase appears in Mark Twain's Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offenses,[4] where he lists rule fourteen of good writing as "eschew surplusage. The philosopher Paul Grice used the phrase in the "Maxim of Manner", one of the Gricean maxims." [wiki]

Kiki, what wicki say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree