1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '15 13:35
    http://phys.org/news/2015-05-hot-life-chemical-bonds-eventually.html

The molecules that can become DNA found near stars, not thought to have been involved before.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '15 01:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-05-hot-life-chemical-bonds-eventually.html

The molecules that can become DNA found near stars, not thought to have been involved before.
    Nothing but speculation that amounts to nothing. 😏
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 May '15 01:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Nothing but speculation that amounts to nothing. 😏
    Of course, you, with your Phd in astronomy, have published your findings against this discovery. When will it be published? Do you have any knowledge of spectroscopy? Do you doubt, for instance, that certain molecules and atoms produce measurable effects on light? That can be reproduced in any lab? Without knowledge of spectroscopy, how do you get off just saying it is speculation? What they are saying is certain kinds of molecules have been seen around stars and they hadn't thought of looking at the signs of those molecules around stars before, having conducted their searches in the molecular clouds in between the stars.

Do you now say molecular clouds between stars are also only speculation?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '15 03:122 edits
    Of course, you, with your Phd in astronomy, have published your findings against this discovery. When will it be published? Do you have any knowledge of spectroscopy? Do you doubt, for instance, that certain molecules and atoms produce measurable effects on light? That can be reproduced in any lab? Without knowledge of spectroscopy, how do you get off just ...[text shortened]... between the stars.

Do you now say molecular clouds between stars are also only speculation?
    All I can say if they claim to see molecules in or near stars, then they must be gigantic molecules to be able to see them that far away. Maybe they can get some fools to believe that, but not ..... 😏

The Near Genius
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 May '15 10:51
    All I can say if they claim to see molecules in or near stars, then they must be gigantic molecules to be able to see them that far away. Maybe they can get some fools to believe that, but not ..... 😏

The Near Genius
    Do you actually know what a molecular cloud is? Do you seriously think they are saying they are seeing individual molecules? If so, you are denser than even I imagined. Google the word 'aggregate'.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '15 18:14
    Do you actually know what a molecular cloud is? Do you seriously think they are saying they are seeing individual molecules? If so, you are denser than even I imagined. Google the word 'aggregate'.
    A molecular cloud is a name given to something astronomers imagine to exist in outer space. They are not real molecules like the DNA molecules. I have no need to google the word 'aggregate' for I am .....

The Near Genius. 😏
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 May '15 18:24
    A molecular cloud is a name given to something astronomers imagine to exist in outer space. They are not real molecules like the DNA molecules. I have no need to google the word 'aggregate' for I am .....

The Near Genius. 😏
    You should though google the word 'genius' as i strongly suspect you have misunderstood its meaning.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 May '15 18:30

The Near Genius. 😏
    So the molecular clouds in space are figments of the astronomers imagination?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '15 20:55
    So the molecular clouds in space are figments of the astronomers imagination?
    They are making up things to describe what they appear to be seeing and therefore they can't back it up with real science because the ideas are imaginary fairy tales. Would you call that thinking for myself? 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree