1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 22:052 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    do you insist on contradicting me just for fun?

there is scientific evidence to contradict a talking bush that might be god, but not all science contradicts a global flood? are you trolling me for a response?

if you have no evidence to support something, you say "i don't know". not "there is no such thing, period". that's what all people do, except people of faith. and hardcore atheists.
    No. I think you are wrong here. If there is no evidence to support something, the default stance should be a lack of belief in that thing.

There is no evidence for invisible elephants in my fridge. So I will default to lacking belief in the existance of such creatures until such time as I see footprints in the butter.

<edit>I also suspect that TWitehead is wrong about the global flood. I think that all science that would be expected to have a bearing on such an event comes down against it</edit>

--- Penguin.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 23:25
    Originally posted by Penguin
    No. I think you are wrong here. If there is no evidence to support something, the default stance should be a lack of belief in that thing.

There is no evidence for invisible elephants in my fridge. So I will default to lacking belief in the existance of such creatures until such time as I see footprints in the butter.

<edit>I also suspect that TWitehea ...[text shortened]... ould be expected to have a bearing on such an event comes down against it</edit>

--- Penguin.
    If there is no evidence to support something
    no evidence to support string theory. aside from some hypothesis that MIGHT explain some aspects of physics. this doesn't stop scientists from pursuing it. we have no proof of a unified field theory, yet we seek it. we had no proof of the higgs boson, yet we found it, after seeking it.

do you deny me the right to seek god?

invisible elephants
    depends how you define those elephants. are they intangible as well? because depending how you define those elephants, you might in fact prove there are no elephants in the fridge.

"I also suspect that TWitehead is wrong about the global flood"
    he knows full well all "science" supporting the flood is idiotic creationist fabrication. he argued the flaws of all of creationists "proofs" for the flood many times, right here on this forum.

the issue with twhitehead is that he feels i have no RIGHT to be a theist AND believe in evolution/no global flood/ old earth, etc. he feels that i am on the same intellectual plane (all theists for that matter) with rjhinds, because according to him, there is no difference between believing in a higher, mostly unknown, power and also believing the earth is 6000 years old.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 08:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the issue with twhitehead is that he feels i have no RIGHT to be a theist AND believe in evolution/no global flood/ old earth, etc. he feels that i am on the same intellectual plane (all theists for that matter) with rjhinds, because according to him, there is no difference between believing in a higher, mostly unknown, power and also believing the earth is 6000 years old.
    In my opinion you have to believe in anything you want, even in things that I don't agree with you.
    ...as long as you let me believe anything I want, even in things that you don't agree with me.

As long as you respect me and my opinions, then I will respect yours. (And that goes for anyone.)

People can believe in anything, in my opinion, as long it doesn't hurt others in any physical or mental way.

So please, go on being a theist.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '14 13:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In my opinion you have to believe in anything you want, even in things that I don't agree with you.
    ...as long as you let me believe anything I want, even in things that you don't agree with me.

As long as you respect me and my opinions, then I will respect yours. (And that goes for anyone.)

People can believe in anything, in my opinion, as long it doesn't hurt others in any physical or mental way.

So please, go on being a theist.
    excellent. keep on being whatever flavor of person you are. (or don't, according to the sum of experiences you accumulate along your life)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree