1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 23:294 edits
    In this new series, I will highlight some choice members of the vast pool of Catholic priests convicted of molesting children.

First up is a gentleman named Michael Wempe. This 66 year old retired Catholic priest has admitted to molesting 13 boys, some as young as 11 years old, over a span of 20 years. He was recently convicted in a criminal court on the charge of oral copulation of a child under 16. His punishment could be - Lord have mercy - up to 3 full years in prison!

He had previously been charged with 42 criminal counts of sexual molestion, which were dismissed due to a statute of limitations.

His victims have become alcoholics, drug addicts and high school drop outs.

"Wempe is one of at least three priests accused of molesting children after Mahony [Los Angeles Diocese Bishop] or a subordinate received a complaint, sent the accused to therapy, then returned him to active ministry."

"[Prosecutor] Hicks said Wempe would never have had the opportunity to commit the crime if his predatory background had been revealed earlier."

http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/022206a.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-02-22-church-abuse_x.htm
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 23:46
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    In this new series, I will highlight some choice members of the vast pool of Catholic priests convicted of molesting children.

First up is a gentleman named Michael Wempe. This 66 year old retired Catholic priest has admitted to molesting [b]13
    boys, some as young as 11 years old, over a span of 20 years. He was recently convicted in a crimi ...[text shortened]... la.ca.us/mr/022206a.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-02-22-church-abuse_x.htm[/b]
    How many of the victims became priests?
  3. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 23:47

First up is a gentleman named Michael Wempe. This 66 year old retired Catholic priest has admitted to molesting [b]13
    boys, some as young as 11 years old, over a span of 20 years. He was recently convicted in a crimi ...[text shortened]... la.ca.us/mr/022206a.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-02-22-church-abuse_x.htm[/b]
    whilst i am currently atheist i don't see how this witch hunt helps anything other than to show individuals in a larger organisation behaving inapropriately. it would be like one member of senior staff at the company i work for being a kiddy fiddler meaning the rest of the workers were evil too. not really fair.

what do you hope to prove with this thread?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 00:001 edit
    Originally posted by Rolfey

Nothing, really. I'm just out to humiliate people who deserve to be humiliated. This includes Catholics who are apathetic, ignorant, or deluded regarding the administrative policies and unchristian behaviors of their leaders who systematically enable and commit child molestation to a degree unsurpassed by any other organization.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 00:02
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How many of the victims became priests?
    Perhaps the vicitms' alcoholism and drug addiction is a blessing in disguise. They were probably too screwed up in their youth to qualify for seminary acceptance, thereby eliminating one avenue which they might pursue, as many victims do, to revisit their victimization upon others.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 00:06
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    whilst i am currently atheist i don't see how this witch hunt helps anything other than to show individuals in a larger organisation behaving inapropriately. it would be like one member of senior staff at the company i work for being a kiddy fiddler meaning the rest of the workers were evil too. not really fair.

By the way, witches aren't real. Child molesting priests, thousands of them, in fact, are.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 00:152 edits
    Nothing, really. I'm just out to humiliate people who deserve to be humiliated. This includes Catholics who are apathetic, ignorant, or deluded regarding the administrative policies and unchristian behaviors of their leaders who systematically enable and commit child molestation to a degree unsurpassed by any other organization.
    Further, history has shown that Catholic leadership is only motivated to rectify its wrongs when faced with shame. Their own morals, their own sense of right and wrong, has proven to be insufficient. The only reason we have recently learned of their molestation racket is because people shamed them into admitting it - they never would have admitted it of their own volition. If we want to eliminate the problem of their systematic molestation, they have demonstrated that shame is the route we should take to bring about that change.
  8. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 02:54
    You're painting with an awfully wide brush.

Shall I post stats about how many people have been raped by blacks, or by whites, or by hispanics, or by ...

This thread is nothing more than your venting.

DF
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 02:59
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    You're painting with an awfully wide brush.

Shall I post stats about how many people have been raped by blacks, or by whites, or by hispanics, or by ...

This thread is nothing more than your venting.

DF
    I don't believe that Blacks or Hispanics pretend to be all holy and crap at the same time though. I believe the word is "Hypocracy".
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 03:03
    [Wempe's] punishment could be - Lord have mercy - up to 3 full years in prison!
    Forget the RCC for a bit - what the hell is wrong with our 'justice' system?
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 12:28
    unchristian behaviors of their leaders who systematically enable...
    Haven't you heard the news? The RCC is Satan's doing!
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:50
    For a sceond there, I thought you were discussing the public school system here in the US. What a bunch of hypocrites there, eh? Disguising themselves as 'teachers,' 'admnistrators,' 'janitors,' and 'counselors,' ostensibly for the purpose of improving the students' lives, these predators repeatedly seek-and-destroy young lives almost entirely unreported with impunity. All in the name of education!
  13. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:59
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I don't believe that Blacks or Hispanics pretend to be all holy and crap at the same time though. I believe the word is "Hypocracy".
    I agree, it's much worse when a cop breaks the law than an average citizen. And it's much worse when a person who calls himself a Christian does such despicable deeds.

DF

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree