1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 10:271 edit
    Evolutionist Al: Hi Bob! I was wondering ... what is the easiest way to prove evolution?

    Evolutionist Bob: That's easy. Just define it to be something that everyone knows is true.

    Al: But how do you do that?

    Bob: Here, let me show you how they do it in the United States, Their famous reference work, The Encyclopedia Americana (International Edition, 1969) defines it this way: "Evolution is any series of changes in which the nature of each step depends on what has preceded." (Vol. 10, page 609).

    Al: But that definition could apply to an artist working on a sculpture, a general moving his forces in a battle, or even a building under construction.

    Bob: Of course! That's why we can insist that "evolution is a fact."

    Al: What about something more scientific?

    Bob: Fine ... Here's one from the U-X-L- Encyclopedia Of Science (1998):

    "The term evolution in general refers to the process of change. For example ... the way in which a section of land evolves over time ... as the result of forces such as earthquakes, volcanoes, land movements, rain, snow, wind, and other factors." (page 854)

    Al: That sounds more scientific; but what about living things?

    Bob: O.K. Let's look at The New Encyclopedia Britannica (15th edition, 1988) for their explanation ...

    "Evolution may be defined as change in the genetic composition of a population through time." (Vol. 18, page 939)

    Al: People can see that, can't they?

    Bob: Of course they can. And the Americana emphasizes that even more clearly. Under the "Evidences of Evolution" they tell us; "5. A certain amount of change (differences between parent and offspring) can be observed at the present time." Everyone knows he's different from his parents, so how can anyone challenge the fact that evolution has taken place?

    See: http://www.rtforum.org/lt/lt100.html
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    13 Oct '05 10:48
    πŸ™„
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    13 Oct '05 10:58
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    πŸ™„
    I'll see you and raise you one:

    πŸ™„ πŸ™„
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    13 Oct '05 10:59
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'll see you and raise you one:

    πŸ™„ πŸ™„
    i can't resist:

    πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 12:20
    What do you have if you have three cock-eyed evolutionists buried up to their necks in sand?

    -"Not enough sand".
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    13 Oct '05 12:54
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Evolutionist Al: Hi Bob! I was wondering ... what is the easiest way to prove evolution?

    Evolutionist Bob: That's easy. Just define it to be something that everyone knows is true.

    Al: But how do you do that?

    Bob: Here, let me show you how they do it in the United States, Their famous reference work, The Encyclopedia Americana (International Editi ...[text shortened]... challenge the fact that evolution has taken place?

    See: http://www.rtforum.org/lt/lt100.html
    Deserves a rec as one of the clearest examples of the strawman fallacy posted this week.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    13 Oct '05 12:55
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    What do you have if you have three cock-eyed evolutionists buried up to their necks in sand?

    -"Not enough sand".
    What do you have if you have three blind creationists buried up to their necks in sand?

    Survival of the fittest.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    13 Oct '05 13:46
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    What do you have if you have three cock-eyed evolutionists buried up to their necks in sand?

    -"Not enough sand".
    I'd have thought you'd have 3 inexperienced paleontologists and a cave in...
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What do you have if you have three blind creationists buried up to their necks in sand?

    Survival of the fittest.
    lol.

    What do you call an evolutionist with half a brain cell?

    "Gifted"
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 14:03
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'll see you and raise you one:

    πŸ™„ πŸ™„
    Why do evolutionists wash their hair in the kitchen sink?

    "That's where all vegetables are washed".
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    i can't resist:

    πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„
    How do you make an evolutionists eyes twinkle?

    "Shine a flashlight in his ear."
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    13 Oct '05 14:13
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    lol.

    What do you call an evolutionist with half a brain cell?

    "Gifted"
    What do you call a creationist with half a brain cell?

    -The missing link
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 14:281 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What do you call a creationist with half a brain cell?

    -The missing link
    Is that because he has twice as many as all the other evolutionists? πŸ˜€
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    13 Oct '05 14:36
    Somehow I just knew a dj2 thread on ID and TOE would degenerate into childish namecalling...

    Just great...
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11913
    13 Oct '05 14:42
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Somehow I just knew a dj2 thread on ID and TOE would degenerate into childish namecalling...

    Just great...
    Well, still waiting for some constructive input on my first post.

    In the meantime it seems that name-calling is all there is to the TOE.

    Imagine: some guys think its a compliment to be related to a chimpanzee.
Back to Top