Moves
    30 May '17 21:33
    In the "Best & Worst" thread you describe your "group 1" as
    "Saints of Christ, the elect of God, the chosen
    ones who have eternal assurance of salvation. etc"

and go on to say
    "These will rule with Christ in the millennial reign."

What does "rule" mean in this context?
    Not making laws, collecting taxes, balancing the budget.
    What does rule mean in heaven?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '17 21:41
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

and go on to say

Spelling 'for' incorrectly in your title, along with a new thread to ask a question, which should have been asked in Rajk999's thread. Are you drinking?

Some advice.....you shouldn't drink and post. 🙂
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 May '17 21:45

and go on to say

Question 'for' me or 'or' me 🙂 ?

The millennial reign of Christ is on the earth, and will begin immediately after he returns. nobody knows when or how or even if people will notice any immediate difference.

Rule means just about everything it takes to run the planet properly.

I have contended before with Christians that this heaven going business is not in the bible. {none of them could show me where the Bible says that]. Everybody stays here. In the end after Christ is finished, then the New Jerusalem is the new abode for all of the righteous.

You could have added this to the other thread. Its related.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 May '17 21:46
    Originally posted by chaney3
    .....you shouldn't drink and post. 🙂
    You want exclusive rights to that privilege ? 😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You want exclusive rights to that privilege ? 😀
    🙂 🙂
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:14
    Question 'for' me or 'or' me 🙂 ?

The millennial reign of Christ is on the earth, and will begin immediately after he returns. nobody knows when or how or even if people will notice any immediate difference.

I have contended before with Christians that this heaven going business ...[text shortened]... w abode for all of the righteous.

You could have added this to the other thread. Its related.
    I didn't want to hijack your thread by going off on a tangent.

I really would like to know more about "rule".
    What does "running the planet properly" mean?

Will everyone in heaven be told to recycle more and watch their carbon emissions?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:16
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Spelling 'for' incorrectly in your title, along with a new thread to ask a question, which should have been asked in Rajk999's thread. Are you drinking?

Some advice.....you shouldn't drink and post. 🙂
    I didn't spell "for" incorrectly idiot.
    It was a typo - understand the dierence.

Now uck o
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:25
    I didn't spell "for" incorrectly idiot.
    It was a typo - understand the dierence.

Now uck o
    "Lighten up Francis".
    Know the movie?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:27
    I didn't want to hijack your thread by going off on a tangent.

I really would like to know more about "rule".
    What does "running the planet properly" mean?

Will everyone in heaven be told to recycle more and watch their carbon emissions?
    The prophets have a very nice description of what the earth can and will become in the time of the reign of Christ. Peace, harmony, enough for all to live on. Certainly your points about recycling and carbon emissions are part of the change that this world needs to make. People will conform when they see progress. Failure to conform and submit to the rule of Christ will not be good for those who resist.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:34

Why do you say that ?
    Revelation 18 shows Christ descending as "another Angel" illuminating the whole earth.

"After these things I saw another Angel coming down out of heaven, having great authority and the earth was illumined with His glory." (Rev. 18:1)

For the earth to be "ILLUMINED WITH HIS GLORY" does not indicate something secretive.

That I have no problem with. It says that Christ will SHEPHERD the nations. And this He does with His co-kings with an "iron rod" which indicates strong governmental power.

And to shepherd is to care for them as a shepherd leads and directs his flock of sheep.

This is also not secretive but open and manifest across the globe.

" And out of His mouth proceeds a sharp sword, that with it He might smite the nations;

And He will shepherd them with an iron rod, ... " (See Rev. 19:15)

And He is JOINED in this shepherding by the overcoming and rewarded saints from down through the church age - those rewarded to do so.

"And he who overcomes and he who keeps My works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;

And he will shepherd t hem with an iron rod, as vessels of pottery are broken in pieces, as I also received from My Father." (Rev. 2:26,27)

As the need arises Christ and His co-kings will smack the nations with that iron rod and bust them when needed.

Wolfgang seems to think this is pertaining to heaven. But it is a reigning on the EARTH.

" ... for You were slain and have purchased for God by Your blood men out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

And have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they will reign on the earth." (Rev. 5:9b-10)

I have contended before with Christians that this heaven going business is not in the bible. {none of them could show me where the Bible says that]. Everybody stays here. In the end after Christ is finished, then the New Jerusalem is the new abode for all of the righteous.

That is right except for the fact that the New Jerusalem is just the enlargement of the church.

The new covenant believers have COME to the heavenly Jerusalem even in the church age.

"But you have come forward to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the universal gathering;

And to the church of the firstborn, who have been enrolled in the heavens; and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of righteous men who have been made perfect:

And to Jesus, the Mediator of a new covenant; and to the blood of sprinkling, which speaks of something better than that of Abel." (Hebrews 12:22-24)

The Christians coming to the New Jerusalem in the church age already mean they are becoming the New Jerusalem.

You call me a false teacher but there is really no comparison to your light weight erroneous treatment of many passages and what I carefully correct here after you.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 May '17 22:43
    Originally posted by sonship

Why do you say that ?
    Revelation 18 shows Christ descending as [b]"another Angel"
    illuminating the whole earth.

[quote] "After these things I saw another ...[text shortened]... r light weight erroneous treatment of many passages and what I carefully correct here after you.
    You are truly an arrogant dick

Here we have an athesit asking questions and Im giving simple answers. You feel that you need to show up your knowledge [which could be incorrect], and complicating the responses with your monologues.

You never know when to talk less or just shut up.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 May '17 01:23
    Originally posted by sonship
    blah, blah, blah (Rev. 19:15)
    blah
    (Rev. 2:26,27)
    blah
    blah
    (Rev. 5:9b-10)
    blah
    blah
    blah
    (Hebrews 12:22-24)
    Thank you for graphically illustrating why I addressed my question to Rajk999.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 May '17 01:27
    The prophets have a very nice description of what the earth can and will become in the time of the reign of Christ. Peace, harmony, enough for all to live on. Certainly your points about recycling and carbon emissions are part of the change that this world needs to make. People will conform when they see progress. Failure to conform and submit to the rule of Christ will not be good for those who resist.
    I was being facetious regarding recycling and carbon emissions!

I thought this Kingdom of Heaven would be perfect.
    Everyone would do the right thing.
    No need for Laws.
    No need for a Ruler.

???
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '17 02:45
    I was being facetious regarding recycling and carbon emissions!

I thought this Kingdom of Heaven would be perfect.
    Everyone would do the right thing.
    No need for Laws.
    No need for a Ruler.

???
    The Kingdom has two parts. The reign of Christ in which he fixes all the problems of mankind including sin and death. This lasts 1000 yrs .. apparently. And then there is the perfect part which you speak of. This is the New Jerusalem... no laws no ruler .. nothing. But before we get there Jesus has to fix mankind. Man is damaged goods and needs repair.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 May '17 03:08
    The Kingdom has two parts. The reign of Christ in which he fixes all the problems of mankind including sin and death. This lasts 1000 yrs .. apparently. And then there is the perfect part which you speak of. This is the New Jerusalem... no laws no ruler .. nothing. But before we get there Jesus has to fix mankind. Man is damaged goods and needs repair.
    OK thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree