1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 09:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Ivanhoe where in the Bible does it say not to eat meat on Fridays?

And why would Christian bring in pagen rabbits, was it to please men and not God or something?
    It was the Roman empire which blended the fertilisation feast (pagan) with Christianity. (Bunny's are a sign of fertility...they shag a lot)

That's how the Roman's managed their empire for a 1000 years, by incorporating other cultures and blending.

Perhaps young Bush over on your side of the pond could learn a lesson or two from old Constantine!
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 22:30
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It was the Roman empire which blended the fertilisation feast (pagan) with Christianity. (Bunny's are a sign of fertility...they shag a lot)

That's how the Roman's managed their empire for a 1000 years, by incorporating other cultures and blending.

Perhaps young Bush over on your side of the pond could learn a lesson or two from old Constantine!
    Blending pagan things in to Christianity is to try to bring pagans in, but that is not pleasing God by adding things it is pleasing men.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 22:42
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Blending pagan things in to Christianity is to try to bring pagans in, but that is not pleasing God by adding things it is pleasing men.
    How do you feel about Easter eggs?
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 00:062 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How do you feel about Easter eggs?

How do you feel about Easter eggs , Kirk ?
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:02
    Which came first, Easter or the egg?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:18
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

How do you feel about Easter eggs , Kirk ?
    In the church I attended today, the rector talked about eggs in terms of the tradition in this particular parish of giving up eggs for Lent. There may be a broader tradition for this, but she tied it in to the broader celebration of Easter. "We've done without. Now we party."

There are probably some who only associate it with the Easter bunny or something "pagan."
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 08:07
    I got 8/10.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 17:43
    The quiz was terribly disappointing. It needed more on the ancient origins, and less on the Christian grafting of mathematically challenged myths--"on the third day" two days later???????

yes, i scored 10/10

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree