1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 Dec '11 20:38
    I think it assumes you are an atheist. But maybe a theist here could take it and see.

    http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/quiz/ReverendAcid/what-kind-of-atheist-are-you/

    I scored as a meditative atheist first, second was scientific.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    12 Dec '11 20:56
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think it assumes you are an atheist. But maybe a theist here could take it and see.

    http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/quiz/ReverendAcid/what-kind-of-atheist-are-you/

    I scored as a meditative atheist first, second was scientific.
    You Scored as Scientific Atheist
    These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.


    Scientific Atheist
    100%
    Angry Atheist
    79%
    Apathetic Atheist
    63%
    Militant Atheist
    50%
    Agnostic
    42%
    Meditative Atheist
    33%
    Theist
    0%
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 Dec '11 20:58
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You Scored as Scientific Atheist
    These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.


    Scientific Atheist
    100 ...[text shortened]... ic Atheist
    63%
    Militant Atheist
    50%
    Agnostic
    42%
    Meditative Atheist
    33%
    Theist
    0%
    I know the quiz reports "You scored as..." but just to clarify, I did score as meditative atheist.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    12 Dec '11 22:36
    Scientific Atheist 92%
    Angry Atheist 67%
    Agnostic 54%
    Meditative Atheist 46%
    Militant Atheist 42%
    Apathetic Atheist 38%
    Theist 4%

    I'm a little embarrassed about the 'angry' score but otherwise I think it's got my number.

    --- Penguin
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    12 Dec '11 22:47
    Agnostic
    58%
    Theist
    54%
    Apathetic Atheist
    42%
    Scientific Atheist
    42%
    Meditative Atheist
    33%
    Militant Atheist
    25%
    Angry Atheist
    21%
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    12 Dec '11 22:48
    I guess that's me screwed then...
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    12 Dec '11 22:52
    Scientific Atheist
    100%
    Meditative Atheist
    75%
    Agnostic
    58%
    Angry Atheist
    54%
    Apathetic Atheist
    33%
    Militant Atheist
    25%
    Theist
    17%



    17% theist??? that should totally be 0%.

    Otherwise looks about right.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35529
    12 Dec '11 22:561 edit
    Theist 75%
    Scientific Atheist 54%
    Agnostic 38%
    Apathetic Atheist 17%
    Militant Atheist 13%
    Meditative Atheist 13%
    Angry Atheist 8%

    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that mine is not 100% Theist because of the bias of this quiz. A lot of questions assumed you were atheist to begin with, or had multiple parts, so not agreeing with one part of a statement meant you didn't agree with any of it. Willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, though, because it simply wasn't written for the theist.

    Edit: Another bias that shows up is if you believe in Science, then you MUST be an atheist. Simply not true.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35529
    12 Dec '11 22:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Scientific Atheist
    100%
    Meditative Atheist
    75%
    Agnostic
    58%
    Angry Atheist
    54%
    Apathetic Atheist
    33%
    Militant Atheist
    25%
    Theist
    17%



    17% theist??? that should totally be 0%.

    Otherwise looks about right.
    LOL!

    There's hope for you yet... 😉
  10. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    12 Dec '11 23:00
    Originally posted by Agerg
    ...these are the people who will bring us into the future.

    Christ and his government will take us into the future.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    13 Dec '11 00:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Theist 75%
    Scientific Atheist 54%
    Agnostic 38%
    Apathetic Atheist 17%
    Militant Atheist 13%
    Meditative Atheist 13%
    Angry Atheist 8%

    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that mine is not 100% Theist because of the bias of this quiz. A lot of questions assumed you were atheist to begin with, or had multiple parts, so not a ...[text shortened]... as that shows up is if you believe in Science, then you MUST be an atheist. Simply not true.
    I just took it again with the idea of being theistic and got

    Theist 100%
    Agnostic 50%
    Apathetic Atheist 17%
    Meditative Atheist 17%
    Militant Atheist 8%
    Scientific Atheist 0%
    Angry Atheist 0%

    🙂
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    13 Dec '11 00:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I guess that's me screwed then...
    You'll be in the 10:15 handbasket.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NOMG07HellHandbasketKidsWagon.jpg
  13. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    13 Dec '11 03:11
    Scientific Atheist
    96%
    Meditative Atheist
    50%
    Agnostic
    38%
    Militant Atheist
    21%
    Apathetic Atheist
    17%
    Angry Atheist
    13%
    Theist
    4%

    I don't consider this a very good quiz. I was particularly troubled by this statement:

    There is definitely an objective moral quality to every action.

    I do not see why there should be any a priori correlation between theism and a commitment to moral absolutism. There are certainly many theists and atheists who are moral subjectivits, as well as theists and atheists who believe that there are objective moral qualities. I find it difficult to imagine any theists or atheists however who believe that there is an objective moral quality to every action. Surely it is manifestly obvious that many actions are neutral and have no moral dimension.
  14. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    13 Dec '11 03:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I guess that's me screwed then...
    it's off to purgatory with you!

    my score:
    Meditative Atheist
    88%
    Scientific Atheist
    88%
    Apathetic Atheist
    58%
    Agnostic
    33%
    Angry Atheist
    17%
    Militant Atheist
    4%
    Theist
    4%

    labeled me as meditative atheist due to a tie-breaker question.
    i don't know where the angry atheist came from. i guess there is a bit of hell-fire in me.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    13 Dec '11 04:08
    Scientific Atheist
    75%
    Meditative Atheist
    38%
    Apathetic Atheist
    33%
    Angry Atheist
    29%
    Agnostic
    29%
    Militant Atheist
    25%
    Theist
    0%
Back to Top