1. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 23:21
    Originally posted by sonship
    I have said above that I don't think Jesus expected the lawyer to do what no one had ever done.

[quote] And he [the lawyer] answered and said, "You shall love the Lord your God from your whole hart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with our whole mind, and your neighbor as your self."

And He [Jesus] said to him, You have answer ...[text shortened]... ult in him having eternal life, yet knowing that He would be establishing the new covenant soon.
    The new covenant is Jesus Christ and His commandments that must now be obeyed. You are just stating the obvious that Christ finished the Law of Moses and started a new era or new covenant between God and man. Christ is now laying out his law and you are criticising Him. Then you expect Christ to 'save' you.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 00:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The new covenant is Jesus Christ and His commandments that must now be obeyed. You are just stating the obvious that Christ finished the Law of Moses and started a new era or new covenant between God and man. Christ is now laying out his law and you are criticising Him. Then you expect Christ to 'save' you.
    The New Covenant is discussed in my thread "What is the New Covenant?"
    Thread 157809
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The New Covenant is discussed in my thread "What is the New Covenant?"
    Thread 157809
    Why would I need to read your thread?
    I have a Bible and I can read. Thanks.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:21
    Why would I need to read your thread?
    I have a Bible and I can read. Thanks.
    Just thought I could be of help.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:27
    Just thought I could be of help.
    Did I say something about the new covenant that made you think i need help?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:53
    Did I say something about the new covenant that made you think i need help?
    Yeah.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 01:57
    Yeah.
    K
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 02:03
    K
    Now that we are under the new covenant, we are not under the penalty of the law. We are now given the opportunity to receive salvation as a free gift.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

(Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 02:10
    Now that we are under the new covenant, we are not under the penalty of the law. We are now given the opportunity to receive salvation as a free gift.

[b]For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

(Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    We are not under the penalty of THE LAW OF MOSES. We are under Christ and Christ has His own set of requirements.

You choose to ignore Christ. Thats fine for you but Christ did not say to ignore his law and his commandments.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 03:46
    We are not under the penalty of THE LAW OF MOSES. We are under Christ and Christ has His own set of requirements.

You choose to ignore Christ. Thats fine for you but Christ did not say to ignore his law and his commandments.
    Isn't the law and commandments of Christ those of Love and Liberty?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 04:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    Well, I must ask: What does it mean to "draw close to Jesus Christ"? Does it move me away from the interpretation of Luke 10:25-28 that he espouses, and toward yours? What if it cools my heart toward God to think of the verses your way?

I suppose that is unthinkable to you?
    Well, I must ask: What does it mean to "draw close to Jesus Christ"?

A man or woman KNOWS what it means or does not know.

You long for Jesus the Person.
    You open your heart, your soul, your innermost being to Jesus the Person.

You TURN to Jesus the Person, the living Person.
    Though He is mysterious you are willing more to engage with Jesus as an available and living Person.

You are willing to be changed by the Person of Jesus Christ.
    You are willing to allow the Person of Jesus to make inroads into your life.

You are willing to be willing to call Him "Lord Jesus".

You are willing to believe in His availability right now. You are willing for God to help your unbelief into more belief.

You know what it is to draw close to Jesus because you want Jesus into your life. You are willing to TURN from your old way of thinking to FACE a new life with Jesus as your Lord.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 06:49
    RajK,
    I quess that I saw something sonship has posted. If you will look back at what I posted about certain people providing "truth."

Hopefully, you will see that I qualified what I typed about them was that, I thought well of their giving truth of God. I was not talking about things they make up on their own.

So, don't think that I believe that all they type is of God. But whatever truth they do give, that is what I think well of.
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 08:00
    RajK,
    If I am not mistaken, below is the post that I left in another thread or maybe this thread.
    -------------------
    Thanks to God for all the truth of God that any people like Sonship, Suzianne, Grampy Bobby, and all others not named here that tell ThinkOfOne, RajK, Fabian, and others on RHP and not on RHP concerning Jesus the Christ and how to be saved in Him.
    -------------------

[b]I did not refer to anything that is not shown in the bible. I am talking about the truth of God that is in the bible.[\b]
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '14 08:02
    P.S.
    Concerning my most recent post in this thread. . .

I did not refer to anything that is not shown in the bible. I am talking about the truth of God that is in the bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree