1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    12 May '16 22:21
    If death is to be "no more", how can people die and go to heaven or hell?
    (Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Likewise, if God is to be with mankind and "reside with them", where will that be?
    (Psalm 115:16) As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) ... the earth remains forever.

Any meaningful thoughts on these questions?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '16 10:09
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, n ...[text shortened]... (Ecclesiastes 1:4) ... the earth remains forever.

If death is no more then it is obvious people dont die and therefore there is no need for their bodies/souls to go anywhere.

If death is still in existence then there would be a need for their bodies/souls to go somewhere.

I thought thats obvious.

God can reside with mankind anywhere he chooses. I think the Bible is clear that that is going to be in the New Jerusalem.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    14 May '16 00:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If death is no more then it is obvious people dont die and therefore there is no need for their bodies/souls to go anywhere.

If death is still in existence then there would be a need for their bodies/souls to go somewhere.

I thought thats obvious.

God can reside with mankind anywhere he chooses. I think the Bible is clear that that is going to be in the New Jerusalem.
    So, if they don't go anywhere, will people still face the same conditions we see in the Earth today?
    Also, the New Jerusalem is in heaven.
    (Galatians 4:26) But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.
    So, how are people going to go there if they don't die?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '16 01:481 edit
    So, if they don't go anywhere, will people still face the same conditions we see in the Earth today?
    Also, the New Jerusalem is in heaven.
    (Galatians 4:26) But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.
    So, how are people going to go there if they don't die?
    I dont understand what you asking, but I will tell you waht the Bible says

Basically the reign of Christ lasts a finite period. After death and sin is ended then all of mankind changes into another form... spiritual beings. There is no more mankind at that point and all are immortal and like angels with a body fashioned like that of Jesus Christ. These chosen ones will enter a new era where God will be all in all - the Kingdom of God or New Jerusalem.

The New Jerusalem according to Revelation will come down from heaven .. did not the Bible say that as well?

Do you need references?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '16 08:471 edit
    (Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, n ...[text shortened]... (Ecclesiastes 1:4) ... the earth remains forever.

I also don't understand what you are on about. I'm sure you are pitching a JW doctrine and it's probably about living on earth in a place that looks like the drawings you put on the front of your magazines. However, you need to put together a more robust construct than slicing up a few scriptures from around the Bible. That is neither an intelligent nor a practical method of finding truth.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 May '16 01:501 edit
    Revelation 21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The New Heaven and Earth
    21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

The new Jerusalem is seen coming down from heaven and it's in the new heavens & earth a "New" heavens & earth whatever that is that God creates at that time

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree